Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure TD4 deliveries
J77

RE: Pure TD4 deliveries

(09-01-2012 01:28pm)ED209 Wrote:  I ordered a RHD td4 pure back in June, I know they didnt go into production (alledegedly) until early 2012, I have been given March 26th 2012 for a delivery date.

No production for TD4 started before the new year as my car arrived on 29th December. Still at the dealers at the moment as the DVLA are dragging there heels over the private plate.

[Image: 6c490607.jpg]
Not a great picture but you can just make out the single exhaust.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 04:01pm by J77.)
10-01-2012 03:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rangerj

RHD TD4 Pure manual , loads of them in Ireland actually there are very few of any other model over here as with lower Co2 the annual road tax is much lower €330 v €677 ,as far as i can see after 6500km so far there is more than enough power in the 150bhp version

Td4 5dr Pure, Orkney Grey ,had 5 Discoverys will only have 1 Evoque
10-01-2012 08:17pm
spif888

[attachment=1143

I took this picture yesterday in Brisbane - 5 Door TD4 Dynamic

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
11-01-2012 07:16am
Westy

Following the forum and the lack of feedback from my lease company and also the supply dealer I decided to give the LR customer service team a call (number from a previous thread has proved very effective) spoke to a really friendly professional young man on Friday morning, he took some details and said he would look into my order and promised to give me a call back as soon as possible.

I was really excited and keen to follow the progress from assembly to hale wood delivery schedule and then onto dealer pdi then ultimate delivery, In fairness to LR i have been given a date of supply of March 12 since the car was ordered back in June/ July. It feels like a long time.

Imagine my excitement when I received a call approximately 3 hours later to say that not only was the car built but that it had been released by LR to the dealer, I understand that this means that the car is now in the system for delivery to the dealer. Upon receipt it is then up to the dealer to notify the lease company who will then contact me re delivery, with the march 12 registration change I have the feeling they will want to wait till then to deliver as the car maybe worth more after my three year contract with this plate. (for me I don't care just want the car to come now)

I may have to wait till then, but at least I am one of the lucky ones who now knows that it is bulit and is here, at the moment it is on track for delivery on the date I was originally given, I hope this helps some of the dismayed people who are also waiting patiently. I have had very little feedback from the people in the system, the only information I have been able to get is when I have pushed, I would recommend that any of you who are suffering from silence from the dealer that they contact these helpful people.

As soon as I hear some more I will let you all know, does anyone know if the towbar is a factory fit or dealer fit, this could cause a small delay but still should be done before March.

It gives us all hope that the plans and forecasting we hear about are coming to fruition.

It is now like Christmas all over again, but I have to wait now for father Christmas to get in touch.

Need to order the led bulbs now and organise some mudflats and rubber mats, I am sure the lease company mats will be tacky.

I am hoping I get a nice tight car with now wind noise, squeaks creaks etc.

Great forum Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
28-01-2012 09:31pm
ED209

Lucky you, i hope i get similar news at some point.

Im a lazy bugger so do you have the number for customer services?
28-01-2012 09:40pm
Westy

(28-01-2012 09:40pm)ED209 Wrote:  Lucky you, i hope i get similar news at some point.

Im a lazy bugger so do you have the number for customer services?

It is worth a call, I just simply explained that I wasn't trying to buck the system just wanted to follow the build through to delivery, still in shock, it seems these folks are based in the outskirts of Coventry, tel number is 08705000500.

They had also contacted the dealer on my behalf (without my request, i guess to gee them up a bit) and the dealer said that just by coincidence that they were going to give me a call later that day !!

I hope you get some good news soon, it seems there are some manual gearboxes and pan roofs available.

Best of luckSmile

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
28-01-2012 09:59pm
spif888

My RHD TD4 Pure was built on the 24th November 2011 and I will be picking it up on the 31st January 2012.

Credit where credit is due. The salesman did tell me when I paid my deposit on the 15th September 2011 that I will have my car by the end of January.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
28-01-2012 10:05pm
ED209

(28-01-2012 10:05pm)spif888 Wrote:  My RHD TD4 Pure was built on the 24th November 2011 and I will be picking it up on the 31st January 2012.

Credit where credit is due. The salesman did tell me when I paid my deposit on the 15th September 2011 that I will have my car by the end of January.

But you are in australia. Different rules, different dealers and it seems different quality of service.
28-01-2012 10:16pm
spif888

(28-01-2012 10:16pm)ED209 Wrote:  But you are in australia. Different rules, different dealers and it seems different quality of service.

Granted, I am on the other side of the planet and from what I have gathered LR are involved in a major export drive, maybe it has something to do with export credits.

With regards to levels of service. I am feeling upbeat with the imminent arrival of my car but please don't get me started with Land Rover Customer Sevice - possibly the greatest oxymoron to ever exist. I have an entire catalogue of broken promises and inept service with regards to my Freelander 2 ownership that I still question whether I have made the correct decision.

28-01-2012 11:06pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(28-01-2012 09:31pm)Westy Wrote:  As soon as I hear some more I will let you all know, does anyone know if the towbar is a factory fit or dealer fit, this could cause a small delay but still should be done before March.

Just collected mine - brill more details to follow.

The towbar is dealer fit, but needs a massive (15 x 10 cm) cut. Go for a witter detachable; I got mine from a retailer on e-bay for £258 delivered (to UK). It is now rated at 1900kg and 125kg noseweight (originally 75kg). I also got the electrics kit in Germany (they do post to Uk for €60 delivered). PM me for details. Good thing about the witter is it only needs a 15mm x 6cm cut. Suspect this would please the lease company moreConfused:

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
30-01-2012 09:29am