Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Problem with refund of deposit for Evoque
garryforrestuk

Problem with refund of deposit for Evoque

Placed deposit and was assured of a full refund should I cancel. Circumstances changed and had to cancel but having a tough time receiving refund. Have now asked dealership principle for help... Receiving deposit back is not as easy as I was led to believe it would be!

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
27-07-2011 08:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

RE: Problem with refund of deposit for Evoque

You should sell your spot "on the open market" (so to speak). You'll get more than £1,000 for it.
27-07-2011 08:13pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(27-07-2011 08:11pm)garryforrestuk Wrote:  Placed deposit and was assured of a full refund should I cancel. Circumstances changed and had to cancel but having a tough time receiving refund. Have now asked dealership principle for help... Receiving deposit back is not as easy as I was led to believe it would be!

That's not good if they told you it was totally refundable. I had a receipt for the £1000 and they wrote words to that effect. Do you have anything?

Shall we send the forum NE heavies round?
I'm really surprised if dealers would allow you to 'sell' your place in the queue and honour someone else taking it.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2011 08:19pm by Charlie.)
27-07-2011 08:16pm
Urban Splash

Is this Newcastle LR? Deposit should be refundable until you actually place your order. Maybe they need your £1000 to pay for the refit they are currently having...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
27-07-2011 09:29pm
paulus599

(27-07-2011 09:29pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Is this Newcastle LR? Deposit should be refundable until you actually place your order. Maybe they need your £1000 to pay for the refit they are currently having...

Apparently they were told that they couldn't have any Evoques until they refurb'd the whole dealership - nice touch!

Sounds naughty though hanging onto your deposit. As Charlie says, let us know if you have any more trouble and me Urban and Wicksy will go round there and have a word Mad

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
27-07-2011 09:49pm
garryforrestuk

Just an update on the refund had to involve the Dealer principle to get refund have now received the cheque.Garry

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
15-08-2011 06:24pm
De1

I had a very similar situation as Garry and with the same dealer, had to chase to get my refund cheque but didn't get to the dealer principle stage.

Shame really as I thought they were OK as dealers while I was considering buying!
30-09-2011 07:49pm