Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
About to be a 1st time owner... a few questions...
samanthacoolbeans

About to be a 1st time owner... a few questions...

Hi everyone,

So I'm about to buy my first Evoque, a 2012 model SD4, automatic.

It has a couple of features id like to know a little more about if you guys could possibly help??

The test drive went really sweet but before i 100% commit my money tomorrow I'm confused about the parking sensors....

So this car has a reverse camera which shows up onscreen when R is selected. The beeps are present as an audible guide to rear distance too.
But when i was driving slowly forwards the beeps didn't happen, Also there was no 'onscreen' proximity graphics to help me out either like on other 'non camera models'

is this normal?
I kinda like to see the proximity graphics when driving forwards.

Hopefully i won't bug you all too much with my new-ness to all things Evoque haha

thanks
Samantha x
30-10-2015 07:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaserTam

RE: About to be a 1st time owner... a few questions...

Front sensors only activated once you have been in Reverse first. Fronts are not automatic. You can switch it on using one of the buttons on the central dash though. In my experience of my MY2013 car, its pretty slow to actually start sensing, so if you press the button, wait 10 secs before actually moving forward. The screen does show a graphic once it does detect something.

Need any mats, read load space mat or a boot liner? Have a look in the for sale sections #shamelessplugforhisownadvert

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
30-10-2015 07:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Samantha you don't say which derivative you are interested in buying. IIRC front PDC was an option on Pure's however many people opted for them. It could be that they were switched off as they can be a pain in traffic. To activate them - on the edge of the screen there are "hard keys" one is marked as the Parking sensors - touch it and it will switch them on if switched off and off if they are already on, there should be a little red bar appears above the switch if they are on. You should ask the dealership if the car has front sensors, but you can tell just by walking around the car to see if there are 4 body coloured circles which are the transmitting heads for the system.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2015 08:37am by XFullFatTim.)
30-10-2015 07:18pm
samanthacoolbeans

thanks guys, i knew this place would give me some answers...

The RRE model is a Turd Tech SD4 190.

I guess i should have given more time to checking the screen/buttons out. i think ill go have another sniff around it tomorrow am.

xx

**Pure Tech.... i meant pure tech ooops autocorrect lol
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 07:23pm by samanthacoolbeans.)
30-10-2015 07:23pm