Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pricing online?
Wicksy

Pricing online?

Anyone else get the brochure this morning along with a letter saying that "today we announce our official pricing and specifications online at http://www.rangerover.co.uk/evoque" ?

Can't see prices there myselfConfused
02-04-2011 10:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Pricing online?

Pricing is due for release 4 April (ie Monday) so it's probably a case of the post arriving a day early (for once!)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-04-2011 11:05am
paulus599

(02-04-2011 10:07am)Wicksy Wrote:  Anyone else get the brochure this morning along with a letter saying that "today we announce our official pricing and specifications online at http://www.rangerover.co.uk/evoque" ?

Can't see prices there myselfConfused

Yes, also received it today and went straight online. No joy tho, so the post must have been quicker than they were expecting Sad
02-04-2011 12:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's an April 2nd joke from LR................... seeing as their April1st joke didn't really catch on except on the Freely2 forums

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2011 12:17pm
cjfp

what r u saying? I can't buy a auto level tax disc holder!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-04-2011 12:44pm
paulus599

Well it's April the 4th when the official specs/prices were supposed to be released. No change on the website tho, i.e. no price list and the 'Choose your Evoque' has still not been updated.
Anyone know when this is supposed to go 'live'?
04-04-2011 08:48am
Blackseries

(04-04-2011 08:48am)paulus599 Wrote:  Anyone know when this is supposed to go 'live'?

No, I thought they would be there this morning too. Surely with a web site it’s just a matter of setting a go live date and time – the process itself can be automated – so I thought at 00.01 on the 4th the site would have the UK prices – am I being too simplistic?

Normally WhatCar? are pretty hot with these things, in most cases the day the official prices are out the car appears in their comparison database. But not with the Evoque - so maybe not only is the embargo until the 4th but a time on the 4th........

When they DO update the website I wish they would also upgrade the pictures of the cars on the site too - the colours are so unrealistic they don't really help much.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
04-04-2011 09:07am
paulus599

Yes, I thought exactly the same. Almost stayed up last night to go on the site once the clock had struck midnight, pleased I didn't bother now though!
Just had a thought, they could be trying to be cute by waiting for 4pm on the 4th day of the 4th month. You know what these marketing people are like!
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 09:25am by paulus599.)
04-04-2011 09:22am
cjfp

You've put far too much thought into that last bit !

04-04-2011 09:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Land Rover is hopeless at keeping their website updated - there are new colours for the other models that have been available to order since January but still no sign of Firenze Red for Freelanders or RRS on the LR website, no Siberian Silver on the FFRR or RRS and and D4 sections....................... yet people are able to order them and some even have taken delivery! It's very poor of them because the only way you can get a brochure now is to apply online or get a dealer to apply for you, very few dealers keep hardcopy literature these days. It's not good for people like me who have a collection of sales bumf for all the cars I have owned.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 10:21am by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2011 10:19am