Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige or Dynamic
Trapdoor

Prestige or Dynamic

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while whilst deciding (or trying to) on the spec for my Evoque order that I am looking to put in to the dealer and pay my deposit in the next couple of weeks.

My dealer (Taunton Landrover) have been absolutely brilliant, even giving me an extended test in a Prestige to ensure I could get it into my large but difficult garage (only 7' wide doors). Popping the mirrors in using the buttons meant I can just get it in, and the cameras are really handy.

But apart from colour, my biggest issue is whether to go for the Prestige (like the interior) or the Dynamic (prefer the bumpers and black waist finishers but not keen on the black mirrors, grille and vents especially as I'm considering one of the blacks as the odd colour).

I am looking to pretty much bolt on every option, so I suppose both cars will be technically identical, especially with the Premium Seat pack for the Dynamic. I've not been able to drive a Dynamic or a Prestige with MagnaRide so I have no real concept as to whether this is a worthwhile option to spec on the Prestige, but obviously comes as standard on the Dynamic.

I'm coming out of a BMW X3 Sport and don't want to replace like for like ... And the X3 really is still quite utilitarian compared to the much more luxurious interior of the Evoque.

The Dynamic comes out at over £1500 more expensive with all the same bits optioned, so I suppose the question is, if money was no object, is the consensus to go with the Dynamic as a better looking car and better residuals, or just stick with the Prestige?

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
14-01-2013 06:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Prestige or Dynamic

People who chose a Prestige will tell you it looks better than a Dynamic and vice versa. It's a very personal opinion thing...

You can also look at it this way: it's easier to change the exterior of a Prestige to resemble a Dyamic than it is to replace the interior of a Dynamic to resemble a Prestige Wink

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-01-2013 06:23pm
Daigriff

RE: Prestige or Dynamic

Similar dilemma as I had 18 months ago.

I decided to go for the better interior although I do prefer the look of the Dynamic tbh.
13 months in I'm very pleased with my decision, everything is top notch.

Are residuals better on the Dynamics? News to me. 3 doors appear to lose more than 5 doors from what I've seen though.

Decisions, decisions I'm sure you'll make the right one

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
14-01-2013 07:47pm
Ranger4

Why don't you chose the dynamic with the premium seat option? and, in my opinion, adaptive dynamics is a must - it's brilliant......

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 08:05pm by Ranger4.)
14-01-2013 08:03pm
Trapdoor

(14-01-2013 08:03pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  Why don't you chose the dynamic with the premium seat option?

That was the plan ... But I still struggle to make sense of the brochure or configurator as to whether there are any other significant interior differences. M Mrs picked up on the steering wheel on the Dynamic was different, in that it was stated as PERFORATED leather, whereas on the Prestige it's just standard leather. But no info as to whether spec'ing the Premium Seat pack gives the standard Prestige wheel or the Perforated Dynamic one. Similar to the Alu trim finisher on the dash which the Dynamic has as textured (not keen - had that on my X3) whereas the Prestige has brushed.

But thanks all for the replies so far. As for changing the exterior, I sort of don't really want to go there after the event as I becomes a 'modded' car and not a factory spec car.

My leanings are towards the Dynamic with Premium Interior Option pack, but I need to exorcise my demons about the small things on the Dynamic I don't like much, and I could really do with understanding the handling differences with the MagnaRide adaptive thingie....

Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
14-01-2013 08:12pm
Kimv

Prestige or Dynamic

Afaik the Dynamic with Premium seat option comes with satin brushed aluminum in the mid console and gloss black strata on the dash. In MY2012 it was possible to spec out of this at no cost i.e. to not have the gloss black strata but I don't seem to find this in the MY2013 brochure.

Apparently now you can spec the brushed alu with strata also in a Dynamic without premium seats.

I do think that the premium seat option is very expensive for what it is but if money weren't an issue I'd have considered it as well.

As for the AD: I have it and would spec it again.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
14-01-2013 08:38pm
Ranger4

With the premium seat option, I'm guessing that the steering wheel would be perforated Oxford leather - it seems to suggest that on the configurator. You'd also be limited to either Ebony or Ivory colour schemes (on the prestige you have a few more options).

You could also choose the 'black' option for the trim finisher, as you are right in saying that brushed aluminium isn't an option for the dynamic.

I would strongly recommend test driving an Evoque with and without AD to Discover the differences for yourself. I personally find that the adaptive dynamics gives a very comfortable, secure and sure-footed ride - even with 20inch wheels!

(I normally drive in "normal" mode, but occaisionally use "dynamic" mode, which makes the it really sharp around tight corners etc).

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
14-01-2013 08:58pm
Trapdoor

(14-01-2013 08:38pm)Kimv Wrote:  Afaik the Dynamic with Premium seat option comes with satin brushed aluminum in the mid console and gloss black strata on the dash. In MY2012 it was possible to spec out of this at no cost i.e. to not have the gloss black strata but I don't seem to find this in the MY2013 brochure.

Apparently now you can spec the brushed alu with strata also in a Dynamic without premium seats.

I do think that the premium seat option is very expensive for what it is but if money weren't an issue I'd have considered it as well.

As for the AD: I have it and would spec it again.

Thanks for the info. I will try and determine this from the dealer salesman about the dash finisher. I'm sure you can spec the Gloss Black Strata at an extra £200 (judging by the option available in the configurator) but its vague, and so is the picture, about the brushed against textured aluminium.

I agree that the Premium Seat option is overly expensive, but having a quick look in the showroom Dynamic, neither me nor the Mrs liked the perforated leather seats.

Mrs is pushing me to the Prestige because she likes the Atlas Silver embellishments to the body over the plain black, but as this one is going to be my car(!) it's going to be my choice. Just want to make the right one, and I suppose I'm slightly unhappy that I can't get exactly the combination I want.

@Ranger4 ... Yes, agreed about the interior colours, but oddly enough, I prefer the Ivory/Lunar with the Dynamic as opposed to the similar colour Ambiance in the Prestige as that has the Espresso IP topper which I'm not so fond of. Unfortunately the dealer doesn't have a Dynamic or a Prestige with Adaptive Dynamics so I'm a bit stuck in doing a comparison.

(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 09:13pm by Trapdoor.)
14-01-2013 09:04pm
Ranger4

I'm pretty sure the dynamic options for the trim are still only 'textured aluminium' or 'black strata'. The 'black strata' would be a cost-option on the dynamic premium but a no-cost-option on the 'dynamic plus' (sports seats).

14-01-2013 09:07pm
ChuckieB

Chose the prestige over the dynamic even though the dynamic was a better looker in my opinion. At the time the quality of the standard interior and additional standard seat functionality in the prestige was quite important without laying out a huge amount extra. I did opt for AD though. I suspect that with the 2013 option choices, if you have the money, it is quite easy to have the best of both worlds by upping the interior spec of the dynamic.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
14-01-2013 09:08pm