Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige TD4 in Belgium (Fuji / Element)
Cedric

RE: Prestige TD4 in Belgium (Fuji / Element)

(15-01-2012 11:22am)vision*R Wrote:  Thanks Cedric. I've seen three cars on the roads as well, but two of them were the cars that you see in all Belgian magazines these days. One black, one white car, license plates 1-BRO-...

Yes mixed driving. On motorways you get 7-7.5l while in cities it's hard to stay below 8.5l. So unless you only do long distances and don't go over +/- 130 km/h, it will be difficult to stay under 8l. I suppose the auto gearbox will need an extra litre on top of these figures.

As I said, the camera is almost instant once you've started the car and you're on the road. But in a cold start it seems like the last thing that's operational...

My external hard drive works great, but sorting is not ideal. I prefer to use my iPod as it gives you playlists, browse by artist, etc.

As I live in Brussels, it will be a lot of city work. I bought it for the longer drives, but I don't think I'll be to resist the temptation to drive it to work Smile

Thanks for the tip on the harddrive. I'll rip to wav and put them on my iPod then.

By the way, I ordered a firenze red one with a white roof, haven't seen those on the roads yet. One dealer had it in his showroom.
15-01-2012 07:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

So far not very impressed with Gtechniq L1 Leather sealing. The product dries very quickly so in fact it is dry before I have the chance to grab a towel and even it out. Result: plenty of shiny smears on matte leather. Now I've read that it needs to be sprayed on instead of rubbed on, but then why do they deliver a bottle with a screw cap while they deliver other products with a spray cap? Anyway, still wondering whether I should spray on a second layer and see if it gets solved.

Also, L1 doesn't seem to work AT ALL on the dark grey parts of the interior which are also leather in a Prestige (dashboard and door panels). When applied, the L1 does nothing except leave grease marks which again you can't seem to even out. Looks very ugly so I'm looking for ways to remove the L1 or even it out.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 08:36am by vision*R.)
31-01-2012 08:34am
Cedric

I think I'm going to try to find a place in Belgium to have the car done for me.
31-01-2012 02:22pm
Straydox

(31-01-2012 08:34am)vision*R Wrote:  So far not very impressed with Gtechniq L1 Leather sealing. The product dries very quickly so in fact it is dry before I have the chance to grab a towel and even it out. Result: plenty of shiny smears on matte leather. Now I've read that it needs to be sprayed on instead of rubbed on, but then why do they deliver a bottle with a screw cap while they deliver other products with a spray cap? Anyway, still wondering whether I should spray on a second layer and see if it gets solved.

Also, L1 doesn't seem to work AT ALL on the dark grey parts of the interior which are also leather in a Prestige (dashboard and door panels). When applied, the L1 does nothing except leave grease marks which again you can't seem to even out. Looks very ugly so I'm looking for ways to remove the L1 or even it out.

I'm very grateful for this thread - I had Cirrus/Element on order, not wishing to have yet another all black interior however the practicality is important too - so have switched to the black but will keep the Cirrus headliner and have added a pano roof. Thanks again.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
31-01-2012 03:08pm
Rootsboy

Prestige TD4 in Belgium (Fuji / Element)

Even though I have used a lot of gtechniq on my wheels. Plastic and interior trim all to great effect. I decided to opt for these products. I only put them on the other day and the leather is left looking just as it was.
http://www.lttsolutions.co.uk/index.php/auto.html

with all gtechniq products i spent a long time picking up extra instructions from this forum

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...p?t=188659

do a search and you will find lots of information on how to correctly apply these and other products. it was from here i also stumbled across a review of the LTT leather care auto kit.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...ic+leather

if it was not for that review i think i still would have brought some gtechnic L1. i am very new to this detailing for of cleaning, but i have learnt its not a quick job, and you need to do your homework on how to use these chemicals to there best.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 09:30am by Rootsboy.)
31-01-2012 11:04pm
Irad

Hi!

I have just ordered my Evoque (sD4 Prestige 5 door in Orkney grey and Style 6 alloys) and I have done it in Ambiance interieur (espresso & ivory).

And after looking at your Element picture, I was wondering about switching for Element interior which seems more fitable considering the dark grey in the top.

What do you suggest?

Shoud I change or keep the Ambiance interior?

And is the Element interior bright enough? Because the Ambiance one seems lighter but it may be an impression only.

I would really appreciate an answer from you guys as I have only a couple of days to change my decision before the production is postponed.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Irad

(13-01-2012 04:18pm)vision*R Wrote:  Hi there

11 months after placing my order, my Evoque arrived 4th of January 2012.
It's a TD4. Fuji White exterior, Element interior. Prestige Tech pack, Cold climate pack, Pano roof, Parallel Park.

It's simply fantastic to drive around in this car. Not only because it drives well, but also because of the attention from other people. It's a real head-turner and people come and have a chat, this never happened to me even with my Mini Cooper which was also rare back in 2002. This will surely fade out after a while, but for now there are very few Evoques on Belgian roads and I'm enjoying the fact that it seems to make other people happy as well.

Here are my first thoughts after +/- 750 km.

PRO

- Overall driving experience. Direct steering, good manual gearbox with short travel, stable car altogether. Very quiet and smooth engine too.

- Parallel Park works great. Needs some getting used to, but very clever. One time I had difficulty getting out of the space after parking - that's how good it is in parking the car in tight spaces.

- I'm getting 36 mpg (8.0 l/100km) in normal driving with min/max of 7.5-8.5 l. Good result already (same as my Lexus IS diesel) and I expect this to get better over time.

CON

- Satnav input / auto-suggest is very slow

- Copying entire cd's to the HDD is slow (7 - 10 minutes depending on the contents)

- The rearview camera is way too slow to boot

- Element is bright and great to be in. But there are plenty of marks already, including some blue dye from jeans (after one week), even though the jeans has been washed plenty of times and I never had problems with them in my Lexus which had +/- the same interior colour. There were even some tiny marks on the leather when I picked up the car. Not sure if the RR Windsor leather is inferior to Lexus leather, but I'm not very impressed and I kinda regret chosing Element. On the other hand, I'm looking at Gtechniq leather sealing now, hopefully this will make me change my mind.

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
13-03-2012 06:24pm