Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premium Car Mats
crimson_flames

Premium Car Mats

Hi All,

I was reading the thread on the premium car mats in the general forum and thought I'd ask here for the Australian market. Has anyone like me ticked the option for premium car mats? If so does your mats have the metal edging on the corners? As this seems to be the correct one.

Or if any prestige owners can tell me what type you have as its supposed to be standard on prestige and optional on dynamic.

Cheers
20-05-2012 05:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

RE: Premium Car Mats

(20-05-2012 05:22am)crimson_flames Wrote:  Hi All,

I was reading the thread on the premium car mats in the general forum and thought I'd ask here for the Australian market. Has anyone like me ticked the option for premium car mats? If so does your mats have the metal edging on the corners? As this seems to be the correct one.

Or if any prestige owners can tell me what type you have as its supposed to be standard on prestige and optional on dynamic.

Cheers

Prestige lux mats are a carpet pile with piped edging with metal badge of evoque down one side (on the door opening side). I have the ambiance interior (ivory/brown), so the mats are a brown fleck, a bit lighter than the rest of the brown carpet, with ivory coloured piping . Pegs hold them in the correct position so they do not slip.
Hope this helps.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 05:31pm by Mudi1.)
20-05-2012 07:00am
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 07:00am)Mudi1 Wrote:  Prestige lux mats are a carpet pile with piped edging with metal badge of Range rover down one side (on the door opening side). I have the ambiance interior (ivory/brown), so the mats are a brown fleck, a bit lighter than the rest of the brown carpet, with ivory coloured piping . Pegs hold them in the correct position so they do not slip.
Hope this helps.

Therein lies the confusion to which he refers! My Prestige mats are the same as the 'Premium' ones in the 2012 catalogue (page 60 from memory) which are much thicker pile and have the metal diagonals across the corners which he describes, and are much better quality than the ones most people seem to get.
20-05-2012 08:58am
crimson_flames

Hi Donny,

Do you mean this mat?

Bc the ones i have on my dynamic is are these

I ordered the premium ones, has anyone else got the same issue?
Because on the other thread people have said the LR changed premium mats to the standard ones. So I thought i'd discuss it in this section for us in Australia.

Should I be going back to the dealer? (as its a $200) option

Has anyone recently got their evoque and got the actual premium mats with the metal corners like donny?

Cheers
20-05-2012 01:27pm
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 01:27pm)crimson_flames Wrote:  Hi Donny,

Do you mean this mat?

Bc the ones i have on my dynamic is are these

I ordered the premium ones, has anyone else got the same issue?
Because on the other thread people have said the LR changed premium mats to the standard ones. So I thought i'd discuss it in this section for us in Australia.

Should I be going back to the dealer? (as its a $200) option

Has anyone recently got their evoque and got the actual premium mats with the metal corners like donny?

Cheers

Yes, I do mean the first type. I took delivery on 6 March.

The point to make is that the mats you got are standard on a Dynamic (page 45 of brochure, ''Carpet mats with edging"). The brochure clearly states that the Prestige gets "Premium carpet mats with edging" as a distinct "addition to the Dynamic". The 'Premium' mats in the very same brochure (page 66) are the ones in you first picture. How can they argue? If yours are correct, where is the upgrade to Premium mats, and what are Premium mats if they aren't the ones of that name in the brochure?
20-05-2012 01:37pm
crimson_flames

Thanks for the reply and help Donny! Very Happy

I think I need to take a trip back to my dealer with a printout of the brochure.
20-05-2012 02:13pm
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 02:13pm)crimson_flames Wrote:  Thanks for the reply and help Donny! Very Happy

I think I need to take a trip back to my dealer with a printout of the brochure.

'No worries', as you lot say!Wink
20-05-2012 04:33pm
Mudi1

The prestige lux mats (not ticked as a seperate option) are the ones in the second picture, (but with ivory piping).

I would expect the metal edged ones if adding as an additional option to the lux pack. However I would want them in the colour to match the interior. (ie: brown in my case).
20-05-2012 05:42pm
MartinP

I've got the same mats as Mudi and while they look great and fit in with the rest of the interior it's debatable whether they could be classed as premium.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
20-05-2012 07:53pm
Donny Dog

(20-05-2012 05:42pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  The prestige lux mats (not ticked as a seperate option) are the ones in the second picture, (but with ivory piping).

I would expect the metal edged ones if adding as an additional option to the lux pack. However I would want them in the colour to match the interior. (ie: brown in my case).

Yes, but I did get the metal edged ones! They do match the interior, by the way (they are available in three different colours dependent on the interior chosen just as the other type of mats are).

(20-05-2012 07:53pm)MartinP Wrote:  I've got the same mats as Mudi and while they look great and fit in with the rest of the interior it's debatable whether they could be classed as premium.

They can't , because they aren't, they are the same mats as you get in a Dynamic! As I said in the earlier post, if the Prestige has the same mats, i what way are they 'Premium' and how do they justify that tag as being something in addition to the Dynamic spec.? It seems to me that LR have quietly dropped this Prestige upgrade, given what everyone is now getting with their cars.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2012 09:14pm by Donny Dog.)
20-05-2012 09:11pm