Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Premature wear on parcel shelf and boot seal
speary

RE: Premature wear on parcel shelf and boot seal

All who have the wear marks, is your shelf located and clipped in properly. It needs pressing until the locating pegs click in properly

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-04-2012 12:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

Had a look at mine last night. The shelf never comes into contact with the seals, in fact the closest it gets is about 1 inch on ether side

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-04-2012 12:33pm
Donny Dog

(16-04-2012 12:38pm)speary Wrote:  All who have the wear marks, is your shelf located and clipped in properly. It needs pressing until the locating pegs click in properly

Mine wasn't until I read this, and ensured that it was (thanks!), but I've still had no problem and the shelf doesn't appear capable of causing a problem (on my car anyway) whether it's clicked in or not.
17-04-2012 01:30pm
THEMACS

(17-04-2012 12:33pm)speary Wrote:  Had a look at mine last night. The shelf never comes into contact with the seals, in fact the closest it gets is about 1 inch on ether side

+1

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-04-2012 05:50pm
moonigan

For some reason I cant update my original post so here are images of the wear inside of the boot.

[Image: DSC_0194.JPG]
[Image: DSC_0198.JPG]

Car was in today and the rubber seal has been replaced along with parcel shelf V2. The shelf is different to the one it replaced as it fits better (where it clips in) and now has a small piece of fabric stuck along both edges. However some concern was raised with the wear on the inside of the tailgate. To fix this will require a new tailgate so the service was unable to simply order the part in as a warranty replacement without first justifying it to LR. This is understandable as I imagine its quite an expensive part to replace.

Some doubt was raised as to the cause of the wear on the tailgate and the possibility it could have been caused by something other than the ill fitting parcel shelf. Whilst I have every confidence my LR dealer will fight my corner I get the distinct feeling LR may refuse the claim Sad so I would appreciate it if the other posters who have the same wear can keep this thread updated with their progress.

I have also decided to keep track of any additional wear which looks at this early stage like it might return.

[Image: DSC_0217.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0220.JPG]

I have used a permenant marker to cover the original marks on the tailgate. If this wears away then I will know for sure that the problem is still present.

[Image: DSC_0221.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0222.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0223.JPG]

Cheers
P
(This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 05:58pm by moonigan.)
26-04-2012 05:44pm
turbotaz

Moonigan, were you able to get that repaired? I have exactly the same wear on mine (1-month old).
12-10-2012 09:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Get the car straight into the dealers and get it all fixed under warranty, that's why you have one. The rear door alignment is out wand that is what causes the issue

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-10-2012 11:06pm