Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Powered tailgate a gimmick?
BrilliantEvoque

RE: Powered tailgate a gimmick?

(17-06-2012 08:08pm)Sensorian Wrote:  I scratched the boot last week after opening my powered tailgate in an NCP car Park. There was enough clearance apart from a pipe that ran along the roof. It was this pipe that scratched the car. I'm glad I got it as an option but I really should have been more careful in judging the roof height including the pipe.

I thought there is a way you can set how high the tailgate opens. Worth getting it set to open no higher than the car.
18-06-2012 10:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ant

Wouldn't be without mine. Really useful option.

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
18-06-2012 10:51am
Evoquative

(18-06-2012 10:12am)BrilliantEvoque Wrote:  I thought there is a way you can set how high the tailgate opens. Worth getting it set to open no higher than the car.

Yesd I did exactly the same thing in a multi-storey - very annoying! I did then look online to see how to change the opening height, but I tried the suggestions and couldn't get any to work, so if anyone on here has been able to do it - please share your secret! Confused

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
18-06-2012 01:00pm
Neo

I think the tailgate will hit any overhead obsticles with or without being powered or not? Just make sure there is sufficient clearance before opening ????

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
18-06-2012 01:32pm
Sensorian

(18-06-2012 01:32pm)Neo Wrote:  I think the tailgate will hit any overhead obsticles with or without being powered or not? Just make sure there is sufficient clearance before opening ????

Thats not spectacularly helpful to be honest. The point is I had approximated it would be ok, without measuring it as I don't keep a tape measure handy all the time......

However, I misjudged it by about 2 cm. but because it is powered I didn't have the same control I would have otherwise.

The suggestion about setting the height is however a sensible one which I will do......

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
18-06-2012 04:39pm
Kimv

Powered tailgate a gimmick?

It's a gimmick for sure. But one that I really like...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
18-06-2012 04:54pm
ChuckieB

(18-06-2012 04:39pm)Sensorian Wrote:  Thats not spectacularly helpful to be honest. The point is I had approximated it would be ok, without measuring it as I don't keep a tape measure handy all the time......

However, I misjudged it by about 2 cm. but because it is powered I didn't have the same control I would have otherwise.

The suggestion about setting the height is however a sensible one which I will do......

You can stop it on the key or the switch or the release near the steering wheel so the secret is to never open it blindly without knowing whether you have clearance.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-06-2012 08:33pm
PhilSkill

It requires a little more thought before you open, esp in covered car parks etc, but it's a great gimmick and I love it!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-06-2012 09:00pm