Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power tailgate won't close from Inside the car
birdman

I opened the tailgate this morning from outside the car. I then went inside the car and tried to close the hatch from the button on the lower left hand side of the dash. Wouldn't close. I then tried to close the hatch from the key fob and it also wouldn't close. The only way I could get it to close was by going outside the car and pressing the button on the bottom of the tailgate. Is that right?
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 02:49pm by birdman.)
16-03-2015 02:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Power tailgate won't close from Inside the car

Yes that is right, the tailgate will only close using the button on the inside of the lower lip of the tailgate or by manually pushing the tailgate closed - only 2016MY cars will have factory closing as well as opening unless you contact member Philskill and buy his adaptation to make it close using the fob!.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 03:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-03-2015 02:57pm
birdman

I have only had the car for about a week and while I am really enjoying it, there are a couple of things that just seem.....odd (penny pinching?)

Passenger seat (in a Pure Plus with Premium, Driver's Tech etc) that does not raise or lower.
A power tailgate that you CANNOT CLOSE from inside the car (!)

That last one is really surprising to me.
16-03-2015 03:17pm
PhilSkill

Yep.. unless you have one of my Auto Close units!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2015 03:23pm by PhilSkill.)
16-03-2015 03:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yep, it is one of those things that the bean counters at JLR decided nobody would want, like daylight running taillights. Now both will appear for the 2016 facelift cars!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-03-2015 04:28pm
Evo-king

(16-03-2015 03:22pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep.. unless you have one of my Auto Close units!

Phil.

Send me a PM if you have some new units, you were going to do this on my current, shortly to be replaced car.

I'm thinking the next car should have this fitted.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-03-2015 09:52pm
HotLap

(16-03-2015 02:49pm)birdman Wrote:  I opened the tailgate this morning from outside the car. I then went inside the car and tried to close the hatch from the button on the lower left hand side of the dash. Wouldn't close. I then tried to close the hatch from the key fob and it also wouldn't close. The only way I could get it to close was by going outside the car and pressing the button on the bottom of the tailgate. Is that right?

LOL, me too, must have bumped the open button on the dash getting into the car then driving through the parking lot wondering why the outside noise was so loud, looked back and was driving with the rear hatch in the fully opened position! Pressed the dash button, wouldn't close so I thought mush have to be in Park, pulled over and still no closing...had to get out and go around back! Surprised me too that was not included!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
16-03-2015 11:07pm
scottlw

Hi Phil, would you be able to send me a PM about this module, as i don't appear to be able to PM you. Thanks
06-05-2015 04:13pm
HotLap

Hello Phil, I'd be interested in fitting this to my 2015 as well, you OK shipping to the States (SoCal)? Please send me a PM. Also, this is for the key FOB, dash button stays the same, correct? Wonder if we could fit the part from the 2016, probably more complicated that just changing the switch though.

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
06-05-2015 05:17pm
Stadt Panzer

Hotspot, there is a guy in the states who does the same module here on the forum called Doug.
Works a treat.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
06-05-2015 06:19pm