Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
December Order Calling
Alex

RE: December Order Calling

My dealer said they had 2 cars being delivered in December, but 4 customers waiting. However my car was being built on December 9th but they still didn't know if my car would be delivered before Christmas or mid January (despite reassuarance from LR management that customers would get their cars before Christmas).

I don't know how long it takes to build an Evoque but seems tight to get it built and shipped down to Bristol in a space of two weeks. Placed my order in May so coming up to 8 months wait.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
15-12-2011 07:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

(15-12-2011 07:52am)Alex Wrote:  My dealer said they had 2 cars being delivered in December, but 4 customers waiting. However my car was being built on December 9th but they still didn't know if my car would be delivered before Christmas or mid January (despite reassuarance from LR management that customers would get their cars before Christmas).

I don't know how long it takes to build an Evoque but seems tight to get it built and shipped down to Bristol in a space of two weeks. Placed my order in May so coming up to 8 months wait.
Got mine within 2 weeks of going into build!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
15-12-2011 10:59am
cutter7

Same here, built 26th November, dealer called for the car on 5th December, and collected on the 9th..hope this helpsSmile

15-12-2011 11:12am
Alex

Fingers crossed, the assumed date was Dec 23rd but based on your responses I guess a two week turn around is feasible.

Will contact dealer to get an update.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
15-12-2011 11:16am
fam1x

(05-12-2011 06:03pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  We've literally just had our allocation and it was also only four (and we are one of the biggest volume Evoque dealers in the country). This is considerably less than we had expected, therefore we are of the opinion that there will be a balancing allocation in the next batch (i.e. much bigger number). This is consistent across the network.

As mentioned by the OP, order to build times are now under control by the sounds of things and LR are maximising output to catch up with the delays. This means that the month lost (assuming it is that timescale) waiting for the next order call, will benefit from a larger number and a quicker turnaround.... net effect similar overall lead time.

The one plus-side is that changes to required specifications can be made for a longer period of time.

James Smile

James does your allocation of include the battersea branch in London too? Or would they have a separate allocation ? As my order is with them.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
15-12-2011 11:52am
ED209

Does anyone know when the next order call is likely to be?
15-12-2011 11:58am
GibEvoque

Just got an update from my dealer, and my car is going to be born tomorrow, though it was planned for Tuesday. Can't wait for delivery date which is 2nd Feb.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
15-12-2011 12:31pm
Billionaireboysclub

So am I right in assuming that there will be no further Dec orders called?

And now the "Order Calling" Lottery will start again in Jan??

Ranger Rover Evoque Dynamic 5 Door SD4 - Santorini Black/Vortex + Lux Pack
Ordered & Deposit at dealer : 26th Sep 11
Build Date : 17 Feb
Delivery: 6 Mar woohooo!
19-12-2011 05:27pm
ED209

I was told a couple of weeks ago the dealer was expecting an order call today the 19th december. As yet i have heard nothing.
19-12-2011 05:31pm
Lookers Park Royal

Straydox,

The last order call was fairly small, however it is out understanding that we may get another allocation before the New Year. As you mentioned, the last order call for us was just 4 vehicles; the network received either 2, 3 or 4 vehicles depending on the size of the dealership.

Standard practice is for dealerships to load their customers orders into the holding pool and then release for 'slotting' in order that the order was place depending on the number of vehicles allocated.

Fingers crossed for the next allocation!

James Smile
19-12-2011 05:39pm