Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Park Assist in action
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Park Assist in action

I posted this on youtube a couple of minutes ago:

Personnally although it will be on my car it will only work if you park on street which I rarely do as locally I have to use NCP's if I go into town and even in the local Park and Ride it's end in parking rather than parallel parking. It's impressive but it doesn't do the full parking thing - you still have to press the gas pedal and you can still bash the cars parked either end!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-08-2011 11:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x5pea

RE: Park Assist in action

(01-08-2011 11:12am)FullFatTim Wrote:  I posted this on youtube a couple of minutes ago:

Personnally although it will be on my car it will only work if you park on street which I rarely do as locally I have to use NCP's if I go into town and even in the local Park and Ride it's end in parking rather than parallel parking. It's impressive but it doesn't do the full parking thing - you still have to press the gas pedal and you can still bash the cars parked either end!

i watched one of the attendees on our day doing and she had 4 attempts i think and still took out both cars Laughing, I wasn't sold on it .
01-08-2011 11:15am
VERYDISCO

RE: Park Assist in action

(01-08-2011 11:15am)x5pea Wrote:  i watched one of the attendees on our day doing and she had 4 attempts i think and still took out both cars Laughing, I wasn't sold on it .

I have tries it on various spot sizes and it is quite impressive, it does need a bit of getting use to it , but then it is rather impressive and I must say usefull avoiding scratching the bumper and the rims.
02-08-2011 01:12pm