Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panoramic Roof - A Pain in the Glass
Evo-king

Panoramic Roof - A Pain in the Glass

I've just had my insurance renewal through, which seemed a very good quote, until I read the accompanying document, "Important information about your policy".

They have made a number of changes, relating to non disclosure of information, exclusion of after market modifications and fraudulent claims. Which I fully go along with if it keeps overall costs down.

Now here's the but. Broken windscreen and glass has now been redefined as Windscreen Cover and as a result the following are excluded. Repair or replacement of broken or damaged sunroofs, FIXED or moveable glass roof panels and associated mechanisms.

So my insurance policy no longer covers the glass roof, now whether it is my Evoque or my previous Merc this insurer is not providing cover. I will be ringing them to find out if there is an option to protect this but it looks like they don't want to play ball.

I know this has been covered in previous threads, but I would be grateful if those of you who have found insurers who cover this to let me know as it looks like I'm going to be making a load of phone calls this coming week.

Your assistance appreciated folks.

One other thing which seems to be more common place now is that you as the customer have to cancel your policy or product payment otherwise the provider (in this case the insurance company) will automatically renew your policy/payment. Making the customer do more work.

MODS. I wonder if this topic might be made a sticky. I.E. Insurers proving cover for Glass Roofs

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-08-2012 02:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Panoramic Roof - A Pain in the Glass

Can you tell us which company this is please. You can send me a PM if your not keen on naming them.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
18-08-2012 03:07pm
Evo-king

Doug

PM sent.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-08-2012 03:09pm
Mr P

Hi,
My insurers are the NFU and fortunately they did cover my replacement roof as glass cover, albeit when i originally contacted the claims dept i was told this would be treated as an accident claim and would be subject to standard policy excess and could have affected no claims. Thankfully after getting some excellent advice on this forum regarding their policy wording they agreed to put it through as a glass claim.
BTW the claim cost was around about 2K for glass and replacement.

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
18-08-2012 03:18pm
Evo-king

I'm aware of the £2k cost, hence I'm asking on here who has got glass roof cover.

18-08-2012 03:33pm
alibeau

Just been through this myself as my renewal is due in August.... hubby and I have a multicar policy with Admiral...

To cut a long story short, numerous phone calls to Admiral later, I have listed every single factory fitted optional extra that we added to our cars individually and have had verbal confirmation that they are all covered. My main concerns were the RSE and pano roof. The pano roof is covered under the main policy and not the windscreen section.

I have never previously listed each optional extra separately but based on everything i had read on here i thought i should. The guy at Admiral agreed it was always best to do this to ensure you are fully covered?!

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 03:50pm by alibeau.)
18-08-2012 03:39pm
Mr P

Well you are welcome anyway!

Prestige SD4 Auto, 5 Door, Firenze, Dark Cherry/Ivory, Contrast Panoramic Roof, 20" Wheels, Auto Tailgate.
(The options i regret not having :- Auto Dimming Mirror, Blind Spot Monitoring)
18-08-2012 03:39pm
Evo-king

Just got off of the phone with Tesco, they do not have the option to include the fixed glass roof as additional cover option.

So insurance renewal cancelled, you folks out there have been warned, check your policy cover, especially at renewal time.

Can any Mod, move this item to Finance & Insurance please.

(This post was last modified: 18-08-2012 03:56pm by Evo-king.)
18-08-2012 03:52pm
rvsvet

(18-08-2012 03:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Just got off of the phone with Tesco, they do not have the option to include the fixed glass roof as additional cover option.

So insurance renewal cancelled, you folks out there have been warned, check your policy cover, especially at renewal time.

Can any Mod, move this item to Finance & Insurance please.

My Insurance is with Aviva. We have their multicar option for the Evoque and Mini Clubman, and, to the best of my knowledge and belief, my pano roof is covered. But prepared to be proved wrong by anyone who knows better!

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
18-08-2012 04:21pm
Evo-king

I have got a comparable quote from Direct Line however once I obtained it I looked at their link for policy details, which appears to confirm the glass roof is covered, only to not be able to retrieve my quote now.

Oh the joys of the internet.

Will continue looking at other insurance providers.

18-08-2012 04:40pm