Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Panoramic Roof
BFGEvoqueMan

Panoramic Roof

I have just sat in a 3 door this morning and it is the first one I have been in with this feature. It really makes a massive boost to the feeling of space. With the electric blind accross it feels quite claustrophobic. The blind is solid by the way so will keep out all those nasty sun rays on a hot day.

It strikes me that this is one of best value options.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
08-04-2011 01:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Panoramic Roof

Nice comment - thanks

[Where were you to get a sit in?!?!]

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-04-2011 01:35pm
Urban Splash

Thanks for the comment! Even more room in a 5 door then!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
08-04-2011 02:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(08-04-2011 01:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Nice comment - thanks

Look at his location cjfp......................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-04-2011 02:07pm
cjfp

(08-04-2011 02:07pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 01:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Nice comment - thanks

Look at his location cjfp......................

Ah

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-04-2011 02:19pm
Kermit

(08-04-2011 01:25pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  It strikes me that this is one of best value options.

If you're after extra head room, which I might be, it offers an extra 30/35mm (3/5dr) for the front passengers, for only ₤460.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011 01:01am by Kermit.)
09-04-2011 12:57am
vinda

At that price I think most evokes will have a pan roof
14-04-2011 03:00am
Firebird

I have ordered a Prestige and the only interior I like is the Black. Ivory should be limited to Pip mobiles even worse Ivory with a red dash.

I was not going for the Pano roof because of the strength of the sun downunder, it would be like sitting in a glass house, but after hearing about the blind, it is now an option I am including as it should hopefully make the black interior look bigger.

Cheers
14-04-2011 10:46am
LRX
Banned

I've always hated sunroofs and so didn't go for the panoramic roof - I would REALLY appreciate anyone's opinion on the panoramic roof.

I've gone for a 'stealth' dynamic - black, black headlining, black/red interior. I'm worried the pan roof will make it all feel a bit tacky...?
21-05-2011 11:19pm
Blackseries

(21-05-2011 11:19pm)LRX Wrote:  I've always hated sunroofs and so didn't go for the panoramic roof - I would REALLY appreciate anyone's opinion on the panoramic roof.

I've gone for a 'stealth' dynamic - black, black headlining, black/red interior. I'm worried the pan roof will make it all feel a bit tacky...?

Firstly I have to lay my cards on the table and say that I get all my cars with panoramic roofs where available because I enjoy driving convertibles as much as I can and panoramic roofs are about as close as you can get to that experience 80% of the time what with the rain and driving at speeds over 65mph (in business clothes). The one thing panoramic roofs do is change the whole interior experience unlike any other option – even at night driving through the city becomes a magical experience with a huge glass roof over your head. Regarding your car looking tacky - because you have gone for Black / Black combo 90% of people won’t even notice you have the roof from the outside. When they do get inside your rear passengers will certainly thank you for choosing it with increased light and headroom. It is obviously down to personal choice but probably of all the ways of describing the panoramic roof “tacky” isn’t a word I would ever think to use.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
22-05-2011 12:45am