slee18

RE: Pale coloured seats

ive been using Zanios and i always wear blue jeans
04-01-2012 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had Ivory leather in my last FFRR, it wasn't that hard to keep clean but I did get some mud in the hide on one offroad session and the detailing fans over on FFRR.com recommended Gliptone products. http://www.liquidleather.com/ I have the cleaner and the polish as well as a load of freebie air fresheners that mean the inside of the car always smells of freshly polished leather too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-01-2012 05:23pm
Rootsboy

i have just ordered a car leather cleaning kit from LTT leather care after reading this thread.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...ic+leather

i was also going to order some Gtechniq as some of there other products have been great so far on the exterior of my car, but i also wanted a cleaner as well as a protector and after reading more about the LTT product and how it keeps the matt look of the seats i thought i would give it a go even though it is quite a bit more on cost.

will let you know once i receive and try out.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
11-01-2012 06:19pm
quickswoosh

I've never owned a car with lighter leather seats. Just out of curiosity and the the nagging thought in my head about having to get the white seats on the Prestige has me wondering Smile
How often do you have to clean the seats to keep them clean?
Are there areas like the door treadplate area or the back of the front seat where you've seen that it gets very dirty from contact with shoe soles that are difficult to keep clean.
16-02-2012 08:35pm
WB
WB

(16-02-2012 08:35pm)quickswoosh Wrote:  I've never owned a car with lighter leather seats. Just out of curiosity and the the nagging thought in my head about having to get the white seats on the Prestige has me wondering Smile
How often do you have to clean the seats to keep them clean?
Are there areas like the door treadplate area or the back of the front seat where you've seen that it gets very dirty from contact with shoe soles that are difficult to keep clean.

I'm cleaning my seats approx every 3 weeks and the door cards whenever I notice any marks on them. I coated all the interior pale surfaces in GTechniq L1 when I bought the car and have topped it up every month on the drivers seat base. Not had to top it up anywhere else yet but probably will after 6 months or so.
17-02-2012 10:04am
Wired

I like whats being said about LTT leather care products and I am tempted to buy a set myself but 125 ukp sounds like a lot for a few bottles. Anyone know how long the fluids hold?
Also do we get any discount from LTT leather care or are they web sponsors? Does anyone have a coupon code?

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 10:28am by Wired.)
17-02-2012 10:25am
Rootsboy

Pale coloured seats

The ltr auto ultra 150 kit I brought cost 49.05 uk pounds. You should be able to get a 10 percent discount voucher if you email the company. Just say you found out about there product from the detailingworld forum. And there was talks about vouchers there.
It looks like the bottles of protect and maintain will go a long way. I hardly used any of the protect.
Not sure about the foam cleaner as have not had chance to use it yet. I only did one little clean up the other day. And used a Hoover followed by wiping down with a touch of maintain in the effluent areas. But I also have the black leather. So may not need to use it as much.
But after using the protector on the seats, they just looked as good as before.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-02-2012 11:33am
Wired

Since I have nothing at the moment I was think of buying a kit. I will drop them an email see what happens Wink

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
17-02-2012 03:13pm
Wired

Send an email to LTT asking what would be the best kit to use on a brand new car. I also aked if they would give a discount to readers of BabyRR.com. This is their response:

Hello
Thank you for your email.

We do an Auto 150 Kit which contains all you need to keep your leather clean and in good condition. The key to keeping your leather looking and feeling good is to keep it clean and free from dirt and body oils. The easiest way
to do this is to use the Auto Ultra Protect in conjunction with the Auto Ultra Maintain and then deep clean your leather once or twice a year depending on colour and usage. If your leather is a pale colour then protection is even more important as it will help to prevent dye transfer which is a big problem in pale interiors.
The protector is very easy to apply and has been tested to be the most effective auto leather protector there is.

We have no arrangement with the forum you mention to give discount to members but if they want to contact me about this I will happily discuss it with them.

Hope this helps - if you need any further help just ask.
If you would like to place an order please le me know.

Regards
Advice @ LTT Leathercare
LTT Leathercare Ltd.

Can one of the site owners drop them an email and see if we can get a discount.

17-02-2012 04:24pm
mnd

SO i've used GTechniq L1 as soon as i bought the car, but a few weeks in, my drivers side right hand 'shoulder' of the seat is looking VERY black and dirty. Using some of the Land Rover Leather cleaner they gave me has not really helped and i'm afraid to really SCRUB hard for fear of wearing it away.

Either the L1 doesn't work well (and i used it very liberly and as instructed) or this is just what happens if you wear dark coloured clothing.

Any instructions to help remove??

thanks
19-02-2012 11:17pm