Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Lights and Fog!
recordman

RE: Auto Lights and Fog!

Thanks for the info Tim. Do the wipers need to be on constantly (pos 2 or 3) as opposed to auto mode (pos 1) to make the lights come on?

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
15-03-2014 05:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On my last car the lights came on even when the wipers were on auto mode, it was sometimes annoying that the wipers would come up to continuous wiping for the 3 or 5 wipes, the lights would come on and then the wipers would revert to intermittent again so you had the lights on when they weren't really needed!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-03-2014 05:41pm
m_101

pretty sure on mine the lights need to be on auto to come on automatically - if you have the lights set to OFF then auto wipers still work but lights don't come on unnecessarily.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
15-03-2014 09:49pm
Jeroma

(15-03-2014 09:49pm)m_101 Wrote:  pretty sure on mine the lights need to be on auto to come on automatically - if you have the lights set to OFF then auto wipers still work but lights don't come on unnecessarily.
Must say it was the first time in 50 years of driving that I left home during the night with lights off.

The problem is that the DLR's are definately brighter than the normal lights and secondly the dash lights are on as well, what gives you the impression that the driving lights are on, never had seen this on another car.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
18-03-2014 04:31pm
XFullFatTim

There is a green light icon comes on in the instrument cluster when the headlights are on

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-03-2014 04:48pm
Jeroma

(18-03-2014 04:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There is a green light icon comes on in the instrument cluster when the headlights are on
Right Tim, but unfortunately the icon in question is in my case hidden by the steering wheel.
Now after 4 month with the car I know better. There are some other clues, but what puzzelt me was the illumination of the clocks, that in all other cars I had and have point to the fact that the lights are onRolling Eyes

Strange enough the icon does not indicate what lights are on, like parking lights, driving lights. Only high beam is shown

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
18-03-2014 05:09pm
XFullFatTim

On my last car the green icon came on when the parking lights were switched on, when high beam was selected then a second blue icon illuminated. What I do wish LR would do is make the stalks illuminated, with tiny LEDs these days it cannot be very difficult to do and would also indicate that at least the parking lights were on.

18-03-2014 06:38pm