Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint Finish Scrutiny , LR Responds
PhilSkill

RE: Paint Finish Scrutiny , LR Responds

I agree with Mark, that you may be expecting too much especially from modern Mica paints, although touch up paint would have my alarm bells ringing. There's often going to be some overspray etc but you suggest flaws under the clear coat which obviously can't be rectified without major work which I wouldn't want to undertake. How big are we talking?

It's good you've made LR aware, they need to know Paint standards are very important to customers.

What can they do, Respray, offer you some compensation or replace the car? You need to decide what you realistically want them to do. If they are prepared to undertake re-spray work under warranty then they are commiting some money you could claim some compenstion instead.

Can you live with the defects? not forgetting it'll be stone chipped and door dinged over time anyway... If not as WB says you are probably best going for car replacement.... it may be better finished...

Once you take a settlement, that's it though, the paint finish will be not considered under warranty since you've been given a settlement.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-01-2013 12:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(15-01-2013 12:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I agree with Mark, that you may be expecting too much especially from modern Mica paints, although touch up paint would have my alarm bells ringing. There's often going to be some overspray etc but you suggest flaws under the clear coat which obviously can't be rectified without major work which I wouldn't want to undertake. How big are we talking?

It's good you've made LR aware, they need to know Paint standards are very important to customers.

What can they do, Respray, offer you some compensation or replace the car? You need to decide what you realistically want them to do. If they are prepared to undertake re-spray work under warranty then they are commiting some money you could claim some compenstion instead.

Can you live with the defects? not forgetting it'll be stone chipped and door dinged over time anyway... If not as WB says you are probably best going for car replacement.... it may be better finished...

Once you take a settlement, that's it though, the paint finish will be not considered under warranty since you've been given a settlement.

Just to add a thought - a settlement could include both the repair and some form of compensation - doesn't necessarily need to be one or the other.

Jai had posted some pics on my thread post 21 about the rear wing factory defect and if that was mine I'd be rejecting it.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 01:32pm by WB.)
15-01-2013 01:30pm
Jai

Paint Finish Scrutiny , LR Responds

Post Removed
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2013 08:03am by Jai.)
15-01-2013 02:45pm
mark_n

Have to admit I would not be happy myself with some of those...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-01-2013 05:14pm
Evo-king

Jeez, how did this car even leave the dealers, shoddy PDI if you ask me.

I'd be rejecting it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-01-2013 09:50pm
doug

Not good at all. 2 or 3 pin head size marks I would live with, but these photos are stocking.
The question is & it's hard to say without seeing the car in the metal, how & were some of your damage happened.
I would like to think it never left the factory that bad.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
15-01-2013 09:54pm
mark_n

I do wonder whether the car has had some remedial paintwork on arrival in Oz. Difficult to believe it would have left the factory like this.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-01-2013 10:21pm
WB
WB

(15-01-2013 10:21pm)mark_n Wrote:  I do wonder whether the car has had some remedial paintwork on arrival in Oz. Difficult to believe it would have left the factory like this.

+1 some of that looks like its done (badly) with a touch up stick!
15-01-2013 10:37pm
PhilSkill

Ouch, they look like a splattering paint robot and some touch up, I'd want a replacement and reject the car if it were my money!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-01-2013 12:28am
caroline11000

Jai I would not be happy keeping that car! There are so many paint faults/touch up marks to be acceptable to me! I would reject the car. My first Evoque had similar marks on both door edges on one side of the car including paint runs & paint on door seals which looked like it had been badly re-sprayed, I was offered a re-spray by my dealers under warranty to rectify these marks but I decided that I would not be happy knowing that my hard earned cash had bought a brand new car that will have been re-sprayed/touched up twice. It ruined the whole experience of owning the car. I rejected the car and they ordered me a new one which has none of the defects of the first car. I understand what others have said about the odd small paint blemishes but from the pictures you have posted the there appears to be too many to be acceptable! Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Keep us posted.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
16-01-2013 03:29pm