Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PTC Heater
bell-auto-services

RE: Positive Coefficient Termperature Heater

(14-04-2011 10:53am)vision*R Wrote:  Strange, in Belgium we do have Park Heat programmable through the touch screen (Dynamic / Prestige) or key (Pure)? It's € 1650.

Have i understood your post correctly that you in Belgium can have park heat on the Evoque ?

If so do you have any documentation for it ?

Pete
just found a link where it says park heat is on the Evoque

The Evoque will also feature Park Assist, which automatically parallel parks the vehicle when you pull up in front of an available space; a park heater timer facility that activates the car's heating or air-conditioning at user-selected times;

Read more: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/cars/range-rov...z1JhXbax6A

Humm

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2011 04:43pm by bell-auto-services.)
16-04-2011 04:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It isn't listed as an option in any of the brochures/ spec lists I have.............. doesn't mean it isn't there though and is just waiting to be enabled!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-04-2011 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

This is what im hoping Smile

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
16-04-2011 05:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I'm sure it will still have the same FBH that the Freelander2 has for aiding engine warm up and reducing emissions on cold mornings. Must admit i wasn't very impressed with the Park Heat on the FFRR this winter which is why I wasn't really too worried that I didn't see it on the spec for the Evoque.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-04-2011 05:30pm
XFullFatTim

PTC Heater

Its a bit raw up here today although my external thermometer at the house and in the car agree that it is warmer than it feels at 12c. I've just had to shuffle the cars on my drive so decided to see how long it took for the PTC heater to start blowing toasty warm air out of the vents. Set the CC selector to 19 on passenger side and 23 on driver's side and less than two minutes later loads of nice hot air was coming out of the vents. My decision not to fit Park Heat is now justified, the heater heats up the cabin PDQ

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2011 03:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-09-2011 03:59pm
bell-auto-services

RE: PTC Heater

Good news Smile I saw the words PTC on my order this weekand thought surley if its mensioned as part of the build it cant be just a normal type heater, though ive not worked out what PTC stands for lol

EDIT, i do know what it means afterall when i think of it lol Confused Electrical Positive Temperature Coefficient Heater

Pete

(This post was last modified: 16-09-2011 10:26pm by bell-auto-services.)
16-09-2011 07:53pm
XFullFatTim

In fact last night I had hot air blowing out within 30secs of starting up, after the car had sat on a cold wet drive for 4 hours.

17-09-2011 03:59pm
PAT

So is the PTC standard on all RRE models or does it need to be spec'd?

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
17-09-2011 04:17pm
XFullFatTim

It is the standard cabin heater, just that it doesn't use the engine heat to warm the cabin, in effect it is a electric heater dedicated to warming the cabin. This isn't Park Heat, that is different and can be remote controlled or timed to come on and is diesel powered.

(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 09:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-09-2011 09:48pm
XFullFatTim

April's thread about what is PTC and my recent one about how quickly it warms the cabin are now merged

18-09-2011 10:09am