Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PI lowering springs
scrannel

RE: PI lowering springs

This is the company out of Texas. http://www.pureevoque.com/

I think we're just seeing the beginning of the after-market mods for these cars as they are so popular. Have always found the Germans to be on the cutting edge of car-mods when a new model came out, usually quality stuff. Anyway, good luck with your project and get up some pics when you're done. And... ignore the "jolly olde" types as their idea of modding a car is to stick a badge on the grill that says they've been to "Pumping Wells" or something!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
09-02-2013 04:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

jos, is one of the names who comes to mind, he's from the Netherlands, drives an eD4.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
09-02-2013 04:41pm
jos

(07-02-2013 05:20pm)verma Wrote:  Hi I'm thinking of lowering my pure 2WD which currently has 22 inch wheels with the PI springs, does anyone know of any issues I might face if I put them on?? Cool

YES
h&r loweringsprings -/- 3 cm about 275,- euros
and 6 hours of work placing them (at the dealer!)
but
the optics are much better now > with the 2x2 cm spacers, i must say !

a bit harder in comfort but that makes the ride much more sportier !
after a 25.000 km drive > no problems !

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
17-02-2013 11:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
verma

Thanks Jos, was looking forward to this mod but my insurance company (axa) say they can't cover this mod Sad
17-02-2013 11:17am
JKEvoqueSI4

Does lowering the Evoque muck up the magna ride system?
11-05-2014 11:23pm
JKEvoqueSI4

(11-05-2014 11:23pm)JKEvoqueSI4 Wrote:  Does lowering the Evoque muck up the magna ride system?

Anyone know or know who I can ask?
14-05-2014 08:01pm
cjfp

Not sure of the answer (but my guess is 'yes') but I can almost guarantee it will invalidate your warranty.

Do a thread search on 'springs' and you will get a number of threads to peruse.

This one infers you can't do it
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lowering-...mic-Evoque

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2014 08:10pm by cjfp.)
14-05-2014 08:08pm
JKEvoqueSI4

(14-05-2014 08:08pm)cjfp Wrote:  Not sure of the answer (but my guess is 'yes') but I can almost guarantee it will invalidate your warranty.

Do a thread search on 'springs' and you will get a number of threads to peruse.

This one infers you can't do it
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Lowering-...mic-Evoque

OK Thanks.
14-05-2014 09:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would imagine that the Magneride dampers/ shocks would have to be changed to get the ride height lowered. Land Rover isn't the only company to use Magneride dampers - Ferrari and Audi also use them so they might have a version that would suit a lower ride height BUT is a lower ride height worth the huge cost, potentially ruining the car's handling and of course loosing your car's warranty. Bear in mind also that the Evoque's Magneride dampers operate all the time and also are linked to the electric power steering. Pressing the Dynamic mode button changes the mapping of both the damping reactions and the steering feel.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-05-2014 10:48pm
JKEvoqueSI4

(14-05-2014 10:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I would imagine that the Magneride dampers/ shocks would have to be changed to get the ride height lowered. Land Rover isn't the only company to use Magneride dampers - Ferrari and Audi also use them so they might have a version that would suit a lower ride height BUT is a lower ride height worth the huge cost, potentially ruining the car's handling and of course loosing your car's warranty. Bear in mind also that the Evoque's Magneride dampers operate all the time and also are linked to the electric power steering. Pressing the Dynamic mode button changes the mapping of both the damping reactions and the steering feel.

Thank you for your reply.

So is there another way of losing the gap between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch, not worried about off road, also you have to remember that if you load the Evoque with people the ride height lowers so not sure the shocks would need to be replaced, lowering a vehicle improves handling as it lowers the center of gravity, that's why all high performance cars are low and not high.
14-05-2014 10:53pm