Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Overfinch
ED209

RE: Overfinch

(26-06-2012 12:41am)invoke Wrote:  Wow. Finally a Gay version of evoque. May be they should call this Over Fu*kedup Finch.

LOL

Thats actually quite an offensive comment.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-06-2012 01:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

I agree, pointless, gratuitously offensive comment. Last I heard, Overfinch were in financial trouble. There are a number of companies who have proposed add-ons but few, if any, have been seen as an improvement.

Overfinch used to stand for imroved performance, not just restyled wheels and plastic. My guess is there's not a lot to be had in the performance area at sensible money. It will be interesting to see if LR ever produce a performance range topper.

Compare that with Porsche who are planning a 350 bhp turbo V6 for the Macan which, on road at least, will grind the Evoque into the tarmac, at a price. Take a look in the engine compartment of an RRE, it's small and pretty cramped in there and it's tough to see how LR can do much more than they've already done.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-06-2012 05:17am
Overfinch
Site Sponsor

(26-06-2012 05:17am)mark_n Wrote:  I agree, pointless, gratuitously offensive comment. Last I heard, Overfinch were in financial trouble. There are a number of companies who have proposed add-ons but few, if any, have been seen as an improvement.

Overfinch used to stand for imroved performance, not just restyled wheels and plastic. My guess is there's not a lot to be had in the performance area at sensible money. It will be interesting to see if LR ever produce a performance range topper.

Compare that with Porsche who are planning a 350 bhp turbo V6 for the Macan which, on road at least, will grind the Evoque into the tarmac, at a price. Take a look in the engine compartment of an RRE, it's small and pretty cramped in there and it's tough to see how LR can do much more than they've already done.

Just to clear things up, Overfinch Bespoke Vehicles Ltd went into administration nearly 2 years ago, Autobrokers Ltd based in Leeds purchased the brand and have invested a lot of money in taking the brand forward.

I agree with your point about performance however the latest engines from Land Rover (particularly the 5L supercharged engine) are that good that there is arguably no longer a market for anything bigger than this and our 575BHP pulley-upgrade for the Sport and Vogue models is enough to satisfy most petrol heads.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, I think you have to see this car in the flesh before you can really pass comment as the video doesn't quite capture the colour correctly and it is a show car remember.

The colour aside, the bodystyling comprises of a complete front bumper assembly and rear bumper with rear splitter and different exhaust outlets.

The leather interior has also been re-invented but I won't spoil the surprise, those attending Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend will get to see exactly what we've acheived with this car.
26-06-2012 04:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

(26-06-2012 04:14pm)Overfinch Wrote:  The colour aside, the bodystyling comprises of a complete front bumper assembly and rear bumper with rear splitter and different exhaust outlets.

The leather interior has also been re-invented but I won't spoil the surprise, those attending Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend will get to see exactly what we've acheived with this car.

Welcome to the forum Very Happy For those of us not attending Goodwood will you be sharing pictures with us at a later date?

Ali Very Happy

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
26-06-2012 04:24pm
Overfinch
Site Sponsor

(26-06-2012 04:24pm)alibeau Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Very Happy For those of us not attending Goodwood will you be sharing pictures with us at a later date?

Ali Very Happy

Hi Ali

Thanks for your comments Smile Yes we will indeed be publishing more pictures on our website after the official launch at Goodwood so watch this space http://www.overfinch.com

Jordan
26-06-2012 04:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

(26-06-2012 04:38pm)Overfinch Wrote:  Hi Ali

Thanks for your comments Smile Yes we will indeed be publishing more pictures on our website after the official launch at Goodwood so watch this space http://www.overfinch.com

Jordan

Brilliant Thumbs Up

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
26-06-2012 04:43pm
andrey1302

Looking forward to the pictures, but I think its the best mode so far I saw on the evoque

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
26-06-2012 05:27pm
Overfinch
Site Sponsor

(26-06-2012 05:27pm)andrey1302 Wrote:  Looking forward to the pictures, but I think its the best mode so far I saw on the evoque

Check out our Facebook page for the latest images of the Evoque GTS from Goodwood Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/overfinchuk

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...601&type=1
28-06-2012 05:07pm
WB
WB

Well, I have to say although I don't like the seats the overall look of the interior actually looks like an improvement over the standard evoque - perhaps its losing the aluminium that does it.

Not sure about the colour or front bumper - would really like to see the rear bumper.
29-06-2012 12:06am