Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Over charged for the car
caroline11000

RE: Over charged for the car

(24-01-2012 03:18pm)cjfp Wrote:  According to the LR website, it appears that both 'versions' of folding mirrors are now £340

However, you ask about the std folding mirrors and as you will see from my original post these were £340 initially. [Hope I've understood your question correctly]

Yep, thanks I wondered if they had gone up since the April price list and I didn't realise. I have gone for the standard because to have the memory ones I had to add memory seats etc @£900 I think it was!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
24-01-2012 03:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bash18uk

(24-01-2012 01:43pm)WB Wrote:  The dealer principal is effectively the person in charge of the dealership - the service, sales, parts managers will all report to him. In my experience when all else fails and you can't get sense out of the others then the dealer principals will sort out the problem as its the final step before you go to LR.

I contacted LR CS and they have said that they would discuss the issue with the Dealer and get back to me tomorrow...hopefully with some good news. Altho i'm not holding my breathe.
24-01-2012 09:22pm
bash18uk

(24-01-2012 09:22pm)bash18uk Wrote:  I contacted LR CS and they have said that they would discuss the issue with the Dealer and get back to me tomorrow...hopefully with some good news. Altho i'm not holding my breathe.

Just got a phone call of LR customer services saying that they would cover the cost of the increase meaning that I will pay the original price for the Pano-Roof Very Happy! Happy days…just goes to show persistence pays! Thanks for your help.
26-01-2012 01:00pm
caroline11000

(26-01-2012 01:00pm)bash18uk Wrote:  Just got a phone call of LR customer services saying that they would cover the cost of the increase meaning that I will pay the original price for the Pano-Roof Very Happy! Happy days…just goes to show persistence pays! Thanks for your help.

Great News!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
26-01-2012 01:08pm
Craig_d1

(26-01-2012 01:00pm)bash18uk Wrote:  Just got a phone call of LR customer services saying that they would cover the cost of the increase meaning that I will pay the original price for the Pano-Roof Very Happy! Happy days…just goes to show persistence pays! Thanks for your help.

Nicely done!
26-01-2012 02:28pm
WB
WB

Brilliant news - really happy for you! It's a bit price hike and I hope everyone else in the same boat pushes until they get it for the price you signed up to!
26-01-2012 03:52pm
bash18uk

(26-01-2012 03:52pm)WB Wrote:  Brilliant news - really happy for you! It's a bit price hike and I hope everyone else in the same boat pushes until they get it for the price you signed up to!

Thanks for your help and advise guys. Finally got my call yesterday that my car is ready and can be picked up tomorrow Smile! I can see the light at the end of a very lonnnnnng tunnel. I hope it's worth the wait Smile!
29-01-2012 10:56pm
cjfp

All I can say is Yippee for me too.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-01-2012 09:30pm
fam1x

Two weeks on and still nothing from the dealer re my refund on being over charged. Even thou they said they will have tk raise a cheque and post it. Im thinking they have to go to the bank and print off a cheque first before writing it. Should I contact them again? One thing for sure I will not be going back to Lookers battersea ever again in my life it has to the the worse dealership. I am just so surprised how badly run that place is, I know the sponsors of this site is lookers too wonder if there is a link between them.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
31-01-2012 10:20pm
fam1x

Good news after nearly 2 months the dealer finally returned the monies they over charged me on the car Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
29-02-2012 12:13am