Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Over charged for the car
ytshome

RE: Over charged for the car

(16-01-2012 10:14pm)CSJ Wrote:  Ordered early August and got last week - I know LR tried to charge the dealer the increased cost but I paid at the price I ordered.

Legally I think they are entitled to charge the increase however I guess most dealers will charge at the order price if for no other reason than goodwill.

goodwill LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing that was a good one! Just remind me what that goodwill thing is? I'm afraid not all dealers appear to be as accommodating.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
16-01-2012 11:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(16-01-2012 09:53pm)Billionaireboysclub Wrote:  I would have thought it would be the price of when you place the order at the dealer. If they decide to increase the price afterwards..then thats their problem...you pay the price at signing of contract and placing the order.

Do people not agree??

I totally agree, this is the general rule of a sale I thought Confused

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-01-2012 01:39am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

+1. Possibly dealers' invoicing systems will default to the increased cost following which a manual credit on the same invoice should be raised.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-01-2012 02:11am
EVO PUNDITT

Ordered mine in April, made changes in August and still got charged original price and no increase.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
17-01-2012 10:12am
fam1x

Well sent the emial over to them now see what happens Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
17-01-2012 12:48pm
Steve @ Lookers Park Royal

When the prices changed Land Rover said that all Range Rover Evoque orders featuring either of the options that had changed (Panoramic Roof or Folding Mirrors) as long as they had been tagged as Sold and slotted for build, or were loaded in the holding pool these cars will be price protected at the current option prices.

So as long as your order was either of the above by that date they should charge you the previous price.

Hope this helps

Steve
17-01-2012 01:46pm
cjfp

Interesting - which version of the folding mirrors as I got charged the higher price for my Pano Roof but the same price as at the outset for my folding mirrors!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-01-2012 04:28pm
cjfp

Email from LR CS today over my asking about what can I do re overcharge

"I have asked the question regarding the price difference on the Panoramic Roof prices. As you have paid and accepted the vehicle at the increased price unfortunately I cannot assist on this matter"

Personally I am not going to push this too hard for reasons that I cannot put here.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 06:05pm by cjfp.)
18-01-2012 06:04pm
ED209

(18-01-2012 06:04pm)cjfp Wrote:  Email from LR CS today over my asking about what can I do re overcharge

"I have asked the question regarding the price difference on the Panoramic Roof prices. As you have paid and accepted the vehicle at the increased price unfortunately I cannot assist on this matter"

Personally I am not going to push this too hard for reasons that I cannot put here.

Thats a very negative reply that, i wouldnt accept it. However you must have your reasons for doing so
18-01-2012 06:41pm
LDT

I am very intrigued why you will not take matters further!!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
18-01-2012 07:23pm