Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our Letter to CEO, get your copy here.
olde

Our Letter to CEO, get your copy here.

.doc  EvoqueRequestListV8-NoAddresses.doc (Size: 412.5 KB / Downloads: 5) or download it from ---> HERE <---

To:
Dr. Ralf Speth, CEO JLR
Mr. Ian Stuart Callum, Design Director JLR
Mr. Phil Hodgkinson, Dir. Product Development JLR
CC:
Mr. Andy Goss, President JLR N. America
Mr. David Pryor, Brand VP, JLR N. America
Mr. Richard N. Beattie, EVP M&S JLR N. America
Mr. Campbell MacArthur, VP Service JLR N. America
Via:
Mr. Andrew Polsinelli, GM Land Rover N. America

RE: Evoque Owners Petition JLR to Make Evoque Even Better

This letter is further to email correspondences, sent to each of you during April and May 2012, introducing a list of improvement requests to the 2012 Range Rover Evoque, (herein "The List").

The List is a global demonstration of enthusiasm and support by your customers: especially 3,000- members at http://www.babyrr.com, plus http://www.evoqueforums.net, http://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk and other forums. The list represents months of heart-felt effort by thousands of List contributors.

During our correspondences, you advised us that JLR rarely engages with online discussion forums as JLR lacks the brand management resources needed to properly address such social media marketing channels. If this is the case, we suggest you look to your customer base to become such resources. We are sure you will agree that ignoring all such channels is a short-sighted option.

We are a powerful voice. We are nearly all proud owners of a 2012 Range Rover Evoque; our registered members, plus the public, have downloaded 25,000-page views on this topic. Given JLR's strong customer loyalty, we may represent an estimated $300-million in business to you.

We look forward to your acknowledgement of our good intentions.

Regards, list editors, on behalf of aforementioned discussion forums:

a) Mark N (UK)
b) Tim Oliver (UK)
c) Martin Lewis (UK)
d) Rick Ballard (Canada)
e) Phil Hodgson (UK)
f) CJFB (UK)
g) Bigfoot (US)
h) Griff (UK)
i) Jamie Milne (UK)
j) Ashley Roy (UK)
k) Jit Enc (UK)
l) Bill Bannister (France)
m) Steve Peary (US)
n) Peter Sweet (UK)
o) Tapio Koskinen (Finland)
p) Jonathan Williamson (UK)

Attached File(s)
.doc  EvoqueRequestListV8.doc (Size: 413.5 KB / Downloads: 75)

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 06:38pm by olde.)
29-07-2012 04:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Our Letter to CEO, get your copy here.

Not for me I'm affriad. IMHO the letter is a diatribe of whinges and the realistic points that can be fixed are lost amongst the noise. Not sure sending it would put the forum in a good light.SadSad

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
29-07-2012 07:58am
Kentboy

As I have just taken delivery of my RRE it's all too late for me as I am not as lucky as some of you and can look to my next. For me that could be 5 years and more likely never as I can't see me affording anything like £45,000 in 5 years time.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
29-07-2012 08:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have asked Olde to please remove private email addresses so we don't all receive a mountain of spam/ flame or whatever. I could take them out as a Mod so if yours is there and you prefer if not to be public them please let me know

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-07-2012 08:30am
jitenc

(29-07-2012 07:58am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Not for me I'm affriad. IMHO the letter is a diatribe of whinges and the realistic points that can be fixed are lost amongst the noise. Not sure sending it would put the forum in a good light.SadSad

Dear Mr BFG,
Quite a few hours have been utilised to compile this list and everyone on this forum had a chance to rectify the contents such that the it does appear as a bible of whinges. So please be courteous to the people who have forwarded ideas. This list is mere a model of suggestions for future improvements. I do not understand how it not put the forum in a good light? After all, what are forums for???

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-07-2012 08:43am
RacingSnake

There are some good things in there.... But to be honest, I'd be embarrased to submit 50% of that list.
I know there is a massive thread about this elsewhere too... But:
"144. Offer an expensive external-LED kit, so wealthy owners can accent their road-presence."
Really? Jeez, its not a 'fast and furious' car.
JLR are restricted also by the type approval for the vehicle, 2 obvious ones we know about are the rear head restraint size for the US market, and the big mirrors. We know they wanted these smaller but 'had' to make them bigger for vehicle approval.

Anyway, good luck with the letter, it certainly would be interesting if only a few of those things appeared... Even if they had them planned anyway?! Lol

Oh, and email addresses are still in the attachment.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-07-2012 08:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

Like the idea but too late for us owners or soon to be owners I'm afraid........ But still if it helps next years owners then great!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
29-07-2012 09:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(29-07-2012 08:43am)jitenc Wrote:  Dear Mr BFG,
Quite a few hours have been utilised to compile this list and everyone on this forum had a chance to rectify the contents such that the it does appear as a bible of whinges. So please be courteous to the people who have forwarded ideas. This list is mere a model of suggestions for future improvements. I do not understand how it not put the forum in a good light? After all, what are forums for???

I am being courteous to the compilers, but I know from my work, that unless you try to influence change through well constructed agruement, you will not be taken seriously. There are some very good things in there, such as Internet sat nav, heated rear seats, memory steering column adjustment etc, but when you start saying smaller mirrors you loose creditability as they are as small as they can be to meet Type Approval requirments (after all LR will make them as small as possible to reduce fuel consumption)

I don't dispute the work that has gone into it, but all I am saying is I think the forum could loose some creditability with some suggestions which are rediculous and plenty that cannot be changed because of legal requirments.
(29-07-2012 08:51am)RacingSnake Wrote:  There are some good things in there.... But to be honest, I'd be embarrased to submit 50% of that list.
I know there is a massive thread about this elsewhere too... But:
"144. Offer an expensive external-LED kit, so wealthy owners can accent their road-presence."
Really? Jeez, its not a 'fast and furious' car.
JLR are restricted also by the type approval for the vehicle, 2 obvious ones we know about are the rear head restraint size for the US market, and the big mirrors. We know they wanted these smaller but 'had' to make them bigger for vehicle approval.

+100%

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2012 10:47am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
29-07-2012 10:46am
Barneyridge

(29-07-2012 07:58am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Not for me I'm affriad. IMHO the letter is a diatribe of whinges and the realistic points that can be fixed are lost amongst the noise. Not sure sending it would put the forum in a good light.SadSad

Have to agree, plus the " we are 3000 customers" threat does not sound good.Tthe intent is good though

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
29-07-2012 12:03pm
tetstb

It'll give them a good laugh at least. I'm not a JLR fan at the moment as the treatment 'existing' customers are getting in general from JLR and the dealer network is shocking. I've had 2 different dealers tell me so many horror stories that I am pretty sure they know that the car was never a finished product prior to release but I think that can be said of most new model cars.

I fully expect the MY2013 and MY2014 cars will be substantially better thanks to us 'beta' testers but I cant see them taking this list seriously.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2012 12:29pm by tetstb.)
29-07-2012 12:29pm