Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orkney Grey Or Firenze Red
Harryw1

Orkney Grey Or Firenze Red

So in the next few months I will be ordering a Evoque. Still haven't decided which model yet but it will be a 5 door model with style 6 wheels. I can't decide between Orkney Grey and Firenze Red , I have always either had Metallic Silver or a grey car. I like both colours. I think that the orkney grey colour will hold its resale value better. The Firenze Red looks amazing when you see it in person and on the road with a contrast roof.

So which colour would you go for? Orkney Grey and Firenze Red?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 09:24am by Harryw1.)
16-08-2013 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RichR1973

RE: Orkney Grey Or Firenze Red

For me it depends on whether you go for a dynamic as the contrasting silver used on the front and rear lift the look of the car. If you choose a pure or prestige it looks all a bit grey in my opinion so I would probably go Firenze with black roof. If you go for a dynamic both look good so it's really down to your preference.
16-08-2013 09:54am
Chrisr1806

Am I right in saying that Orkney Grey has been discontinued? It's a nice colour but Firenze would be my choice. Thumbs Up

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
16-08-2013 06:44pm
Squidly73

Grey is too common, choose Firenze or let you offered havana

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
16-08-2013 09:48pm
PhilSkill

Firenze... would be my choice 2nd time round, love the grey too, but had and still have a grey mica car for the last 8 years...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-08-2013 11:01pm
Harryw1

(16-08-2013 06:44pm)Chrisr1806 Wrote:  Am I right in saying that Orkney Grey has been discontinued? It's a nice colour but Firenze would be my choice. Thumbs Up

Went to the showroom today and the salesman said they still do orkney grey.

63 Plate MY13 Range Rover Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure 5dr Auto - Orkney Grey
17-08-2013 08:07am
recordman

Pleased to hear that Orkney is still going to be with us. Spotted a 13 plate Prestige in a dark charcoal grey, presumably Corris, in London on Thursday. Quite pleasant, but not a substitute for OG.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
17-08-2013 08:36am
mark_n

FWIW, I have Firenze which was a last minute change from Indus Silver when I bought it and I haven't regretted it for one instant. It really sparkles in the sunshine when clean and still looks respectable when filthy.

As my signature says, I'm moving on to an RRS at some point and I tried all the colours and kept coming back to Firenze for that so Firenze it will be.

I think you need to be careful with what you match it with - black contrasting roof (or keep it red) and go for a lighter interior only with caution; avoid the pimento red interior where the reds clash. I prefer interiors to contrast with the exterior, not to try to tone with them.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-11-2013 06:47am
broady43

Dynamic- firenze. Pure/Prestige-orkney. When I was at the dealers the other day there were about 4 or 5 new colours to choose from.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
19-11-2013 09:00am
MrNoo

The same dilemma I had when ordering my Evoque. They both look great and you wouldn't be disappointed with either. I opted for Orkney Grey because my previous 2 cars had both been red.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
19-11-2013 12:45pm