Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered...that was the easy bit!
eddkawasaki

RE: Ordered...that was the easy bit!

I got an email from them yesterday saying that the MY13 does not affect me as I already had my deposit in place and What Land Rover are telling us by saying MY13 is that everything ordered now will be for 2013 delivery. I have a feeling it will affect me!!

The only things on the spreadsheet that I can see which affect my spec at the moment are,

The aero flip £150. Not sure if I need this or not I doubt it suffers from a lack of rear grip anyway Rolling with Laughter but We will see what he says when I show him his email stating the above I wonder if I will get a free spoiler!

TPMS is not available on shadow chrome alloys now. I guess i can use the money from this to increase my rear downforce Laughing
24-07-2012 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
simonc6875

(24-07-2012 04:52pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  I got an email from them yesterday saying that the MY13 does not affect me as I already had my deposit in place and What Land Rover are telling us by saying MY13 is that everything ordered now will be for 2013 delivery. I have a feeling it will affect me!!

The only things on the spreadsheet that I can see which affect my spec at the moment are,

The aero flip £150. Not sure if I need this or not I doubt it suffers from a lack of rear grip anyway Rolling with Laughter but We will see what he says when I show him his email stating the above I wonder if I will get a free spoiler!

TPMS is not available on shadow chrome alloys now. I guess i can use the money from this to increase my rear downforce Laughing

If u look at a photo of a dynamic from the rear. Look at the spoiler, sitting right at the end of it is the aero spoiler. It's about 2" wide by 24" long, I very much doubt this would effect rear down force. But I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll b corrected.

What's TMPS ? As I've ordered the shadow alloys.
24-07-2012 05:40pm
cjfp

Tpms - tyre pressure monitoring system

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
24-07-2012 05:45pm
simonc6875

(24-07-2012 05:45pm)cjfp Wrote:  Tpms - tyre pressure monitoring system

Thanks for that.
24-07-2012 05:50pm
eddkawasaki

(24-07-2012 05:40pm)simonc6875 Wrote:  If u look at a photo of a dynamic from the rear. Look at the spoiler, sitting right at the end of it is the aero spoiler. It's about 2" wide by 24" long, I very much doubt this would effect rear down force. But I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll b corrected.

What's TMPS ? As I've ordered the shadow alloys.

It was a kind of tongue in cheek comment, there are very few cars where the spoiler is actually an aero part mostly its for aesthetic purposes.
24-07-2012 07:02pm
simonc6875

(24-07-2012 07:02pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  It was a kind of tongue in cheek comment, there are very few cars where the spoiler is actually an aero part mostly its for aesthetic purposes.

Have a look and see what you think of it, I thought it was a lot of money for a little difference. Spend it elsewhere.
24-07-2012 08:56pm
eddkawasaki

I just got an email from my dealer saying delivery on 22nd oct so I asked if he had a build date and he said its 12th sept they must be pushing it to aberdeen Laughing
27-07-2012 05:03pm
simonc6875

(27-07-2012 05:03pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  I just got an email from my dealer saying delivery on 22nd oct so I asked if he had a build date and he said its 12th sept they must be pushing it to aberdeen Laughing

I only got a delivery date of 17th September. I never asked the build date. I thought it only took a week to build, that's almost 6weeks between start of build and delivery. I'm sure someone else can explain why such a gap between dates.
27-07-2012 08:06pm
eddkawasaki

Quick update on my build.

The build date the dealer gave me was actually the last date for changes to be made. Its actually being built around 5th October for delivery 22nd. See sig for final final spec ( i thinkSmile)

Works out sweet for me as I'm due back onshore on the 22nd so I will get a taxi direct from the heliport to pick the car up. The damned north sea weather better behave itself that day!!

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
28-08-2012 04:56pm
eddkawasaki

Well after a five and a half month wait its finally at the dealers. Collection will be 1030 on Wednesday.

Can't wait!

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
29-10-2012 07:19pm