Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered...that was the easy bit!
eddkawasaki

RE: Ordered...that was the easy bit!

(31-05-2012 04:57pm)PigLauncher Wrote:  Good call. I (well the wife) pick mine up tomorrow. I already regret not getting the spare wheel.

I'm not jealous at all Wink hope you enjoy it! Our Astra has the compressor and goo kit and we have never used it fortunately I have a set of winter wheels and tyres. Twice now I’ve noticed a flat both time at home fortunately so I’ve just shoved one of the winter wheels on to go the 3 miles to the local tyre place to repair it. Had I not had them it would have been 2 new tyres and 2 lots of goo to replace. Spare wheel is a must for me and £120 does not seem too bad then if you think about it.

Thanks cedric, I think I need to spend some time in the dealers playing with toys like cameras etc. The demonstrator we had did not even have the reversing camera and I managed to get that into the parking bay no problem
31-05-2012 05:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(31-05-2012 05:32pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  Thanks cedric, I think I need to spend some time in the dealers playing with toys like cameras etc. The demonstrator we had did not even have the reversing camera and I managed to get that into the parking bay no problem

The car isn't that long and with the huge rearview mirrors visibility backwards is actually rather good. The cameras just make it a breeze to park it. You don't need to worry about touching anything so you can park in tight spaces.
31-05-2012 05:52pm
eddkawasaki

Hi guys,

Quick question on seats. I notice on the dynamic you get 6/4 way seats and the prestige gets 8/6. According to the summary of a build for each the dynamic has “recline, height, lumbar support, memory” and the prestige has “recline, height, tilt, lumbar support, memory”. I assume forward and backwards movement is electric as standard? Otherwise there is not much point in memory seats if you have to move it manually forward. In our current car we only move the seat forward or back, height and everything else stays the same.
03-06-2012 05:11pm
eddkawasaki

Well I've finally decided on a spec after a couple of well timed windfalls I decided just to go for it! Twisted Evil So the spec will be as follows

5 Door Dynamic SD4 In firenze red with santorini contrast roof & vortex interior
+ Ebony headlining
+ Shadow chrome wheels
+ Spare Wheel
+ Adaptive lights
+ Heated steering wheel
+ Loadspace Stowage Rails
+ Lux Pack

I've been told mid october for delivery which in reality will be end of october for me as I'm offshore most of october.

Can't wait!
23-07-2012 05:17pm
Evo-king

Good choice, I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-07-2012 08:57pm
simonc6875

Eddkawasaki I take it you placed your order with town and county. We finalised our order yesterday with them, lucky we went in. The order was locked in today if we hadn't gone in. We have been told 17th September for delivery.

How did you find them? We managed to get a full tank of fuel and a 4x4 voucher from them, they wouldn't budge any more on that.

Did you manage any better than that ?
23-07-2012 09:09pm
eddkawasaki

Simon,

Yes it with T&C, I think I'm a bit behind you mine is not locked in yet. I just emailed them that spec yesterday to avoid what nearly happened to you. I think they only need an engine designation, body type and colour to hold your place in the queue. Up until yesterday mine was sd4, pure, black, 5door which obviously is quite different from what I’ve ordered.

I was originally hoping for a delivery around mid september but ho hum. Just out of curiosity when did you put your deposit down?

They have not been too bad so far but then up until this point there has not really been much for them to do while we wait in the holding pool. We have yet to have the "freebies" chat Cool

what spec have you ordered?
24-07-2012 06:28am
simonc6875

(24-07-2012 06:28am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  Simon,

Yes it with T&C, I think I'm a bit behind you mine is not locked in yet. I just emailed them that spec yesterday to avoid what nearly happened to you. I think they only need an engine designation, body type and colour to hold your place in the queue. Up until yesterday mine was sd4, pure, black, 5door which obviously is quite different from what I’ve ordered.

I was originally hoping for a delivery around mid september but ho hum. Just out of curiosity when did you put your deposit down?

They have not been too bad so far but then up until this point there has not really been much for them to do while we wait in the holding pool. We have yet to have the "freebies" chat Cool

what spec have you ordered?

I placed initial order ( deposit ) at the end of march. But I did ask for a September delivery. I had been in touch with them a while ago trying to chance it up, but was told it was too early. That's why it's only just been finalised.

My spec is. SD4 dynamic manual 5dr in Orkney grey
Shadow alloys
Pano roof with contrast
Spare wheel
Privacy glass

Also added: mud flaps and load rubber mat

I was all set to order it in black it we pulled up in front of showroom on sunday. And there was almost exactly what we've order in Orkney grey ( but coupe ). Changed my mind on the spot.
Oh forgot to say, good luck with the freebies. They don't seam to be budging at all. Only just scraped a full tank of full and 4x4 voucher.

Also I was lucky, we had the original price as well. Due to use having deposit in before it changed.
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 12:47pm by simonc6875.)
24-07-2012 12:44pm
eddkawasaki

Nice, the Orkney grey was also in the running for me I originally wanted black but the last time I cleaned or current car (which is black) it was covered in swirl marks and other small scuffs that stand out a mile. I just could not face the day I found the RRE looking the same! So it was then between red and grey and the red has won, just.

They did not seem too enthusiastic when my wife asked if that was the best price they could do! You would have thought we’d asked for him to chuck in one of his kids! Still a tank of fuel and a nice day out in someone else’s car is better than nowt.

MY13 starts production on 20th august according to the spread sheet that has just been posted up so if my mid october delivery is correct i should think mine will be a MY13. who knows!
24-07-2012 03:46pm
simonc6875

(24-07-2012 03:46pm)eddkawasaki Wrote:  Nice, the Orkney grey was also in the running for me I originally wanted black but the last time I cleaned or current car (which is black) it was covered in swirl marks and other small scuffs that stand out a mile. I just could not face the day I found the RRE looking the same! So it was then between red and grey and the red has won, just.

They did not seem too enthusiastic when my wife asked if that was the best price they could do! You would have thought we’d asked for him to chuck in one of his kids! Still a tank of fuel and a nice day out in someone else’s car is better than nowt.

MY13 starts production on 20th august according to the spread sheet that has just been posted up so if my mid october delivery is correct i should think mine will be a MY13. who knows!

Mine is going to be a MY13 I've bn told. He did say there were a few changes but nothing drastic. Did say about the aero flip on the spoiler, when I compared it to one without it made no difference just the extra £120 I think to pay for it.

We are trading in a discovery 4, was told if we had gone for anything other than a evoque, he could of given us a lot more for a trade in. Bit gutted, but not much could do about it if we wanted the evoque.
24-07-2012 04:29pm