Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Number 3 Ordered
CSJ

Evoque Number 3 Ordered

Having had 2 Evoques in the last 13 months I finally decided to take the plunge and order the Dynamic I always wanted, one with the Ivory interior which was not available last year.

I ordered my first Evoque in July 2011 and got my Fuji Dynamic Coupe at the end of 2012. Unfortunately there were quite a few problems with it and my dealer got me a replacement which was delivered last March.

I have had 10,000 miles of fun driving and really enjoyed the car, my only criticism being, and often voiced on this forum, the fuel consumption. Yes it does use more diesel than ideal but that is my only gripe with the car and it still makes me smile every time I drive it. On a 3,500 mile trip to the Alps and Italy in the summer so many people commented on the car it was amazing and the Evoque behaved perfectly throughout the trip. Best driving holiday I have done.

Prior to deciding on another Evoque I looked again in detail at some alternatives, including the X3, X5, Q5, and TT. I love the TT and have had 3, but it is a very different car to the Evoque and I guess I want the comfort of the Evoque more than the sport and precision of the TT. Looking at the X3, X5, and Q5 to my mind there really was no comparison. The BMW’s have much better engines and gearboxes than the Evoque but their exterior styling and interior comfort do not even come close to that of the baby RR. I was also interested to see so many owners on the BMW forums complaining about the fuel consumption of their BMW vehicles. The only reason to my mind to buy the BMW over the Evoque is fuel consumption and to me that is not enough of a reason. Of course everyone is different and I am sure that the BMW appeals to many people for different reasons. I just found the Q5 very bland in terms of styling and I did not like its ride comfort or interior quality. For me the BMW and Audi engines were better than the Evoque but that was it, the whole driving experience of the baby RR was much better.

So my new order is placed, trade in price agreed, and hopefully my new car will be with me some time in March. This time it’s a 5 door, Orkney Grey, Dynamic Plus seats in Ivory, with a few add ons.
Will carry on reading the forum with interest, always great to hear what other owners think!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 06:19pm by CSJ.)
17-01-2013 05:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Evoque Number 3 Ordered

Sounds good but if you got your first Evoque in July 2012 how did the second arrive in March?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
17-01-2013 05:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CSJ

sorry, should have read ordered July 2011, first one delivered early Jan 2012 with the second in March 2012

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 06:17pm by CSJ.)
17-01-2013 06:16pm
SINGHY

HeY CSJ
Good to see you've finally got the colour choice right with Orkney grey, third time lucky as they say. Hope the new one continues to excite you. Did you consider the Audi SQ5?

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
17-01-2013 06:29pm
CSJ

Hi Singhy

Yes, I did consider the Audi SQ5. Have always thought that Audi have the best build quality and to me at least I think the S version does look more balanced than the Q5, the biggest plus over the Evoque is the engine and gear box which are just in a different league. For me the problem with the SQ5 was the generally bland interior (very functional and clean but a little uninspiring), and the much harsher ride than the Evoque.

The biggest problem though is that when I spec up the SQ5 to the same standard as the Evoque I ordered it comes in at £7,000 more! Am sure could get a decent discount from an Audi dealer but that is still a lot of money to me for a better engine with a car that still does not look as good as the Evoque. I guess you pay your money and take your choice, I like the SQ5 but not enough to move me from the Evoque.

Gone:
17-01-2013 06:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting that you can get the Plus Seats in Ivory. It will certainly look different from the few other Plus Pack Evoques out there

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-01-2013 05:53pm