Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered, but not what I planned....
NYB

Following several test drives, quite a bit of time reading the forums and far too long on the LR configurator site, this morning I took the plunge and went (with my much better half) to a local dealers to order a:

SD4 Auto Pure with Tech Pack, Stye Pack, Pano Roof (plus a couple of other parking type extras) c. £38k....

(probably worth saying at we both have ony ever owned manuals, and plan to use the car for a broadly equal mix of town and motorway driving. However a salesman at a previous dealership convinced us that auto was the only way to go)

....but..this morning we took the opportunity to test drive a manual and then auto back to back - only having test driven the auto before.

We both loved the drive of the manual (finding it really responsive), which completley through a spanner in the works, so we have ended up ordering: a SD4 Manual and put the cost difference towards a Prestige with parking assist (as the better half prefers the interior) for about the same price as the spec'd out Auto Pure.

Hope we have done the right thing.....but on the basis that the we are looking at September - November for delivery we will have plenty of time to change the spec if we want to. And more importantly we need to decide on a colour!
10-03-2012 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

RE: Ordered, but not what I planned....

Hi NYB, welcome to the forum. I think that you've made a good call on the prestige, I have one and it's a good car.

Like your order, I too have the park assist and after six months of ownership I haven't used it once. It would be a different thing if it parked you at Asda but the truth is that it only does parallel parking and the camera is that good that parking is surprisingly easy. No I'd save your money and go for a pano roof. Not a necessity on the five door despite what you read in these pages IMO but good nevertheless.

Anyway now that your order is in the excitement will begin. Enjoy!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 11:05pm by ytshome.)
10-03-2012 11:04pm
Daigriff

Yes reckon you have made the correct call.

If you were paying that much for a pure to upgrade to a prestige is a no brainer. I did the same but switched from manual to auto.

You won't regret it, we love the interior of our Prestige.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
11-03-2012 10:07am
chiggy

Fair enough. Either way you're getting an evoque haha!

Ask for causeway grey which was on the convertible concept and maybe find out if that might be around when your car is in line for build?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-03-2012 10:14am
PAT

Like you, we'd first ordered a Pure with a lot of extras then over time changed given the cost wasn't that much of a difference so it makes sense.

Not driven the manual myself but I've only heard good things about it.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
11-03-2012 05:53pm