Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered and waiting...
PantherX

Ordered and waiting...

Hi all,

Although I've been lurking on the forums for a little while now, this is my first post. I placed an order for my Evoque back in mid October last year and expecting a late February delivery. Not long to go now although the wait has been driving me crazy!

I've gone with the 5 door Si4 Dynamic, Santorini Black, Ebony/Ebony interior, Tech Pack (Xenons, Lane Departure, High Beam Assist), Pano Roof, Ebony headlining, 20" Style 7 wheels, Park Assist, HDD Navigation, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, etc. I know a lot of this stuff is standard in other markets, but here in Australia everything seems like an option!

I also added the Cold Climate pack which adds heated steering, windshield and heated front seats. I only really wanted the heated front seats as the others seem a bit unnecessary for the climate here. One thing I have noticed though is that when I look on the Vista printout that I got from the dealer today it doesn't mention heated seats anywhere. I called them back to double check and they said they are definitely on the car but I'm not so sure! Does anyone know what these should be itemised as on the list? I checked on TOPix too but it's not clear on there either.

Now I just have to keep counting down the days until it arrives... Confused

Arrived 21 May 2015: MY15 Si4 Dynamic 5dr, Santorini Black, Full Ebony interior, 19" Style 13, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Park Assist, Dynamic Tech, Cold Climate & Convenience Packs
15-01-2015 08:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghotson

RE: Ordered and waiting...

PantherX,

I am also based in Australia (Melb) – and a first time poster, although have been a long time lurker – have spent many hours poring over all the posts and advice that everyone has provided - an enormous wealth of knowledge.

Having recently gone through the same process - and looked at all the options in purchasing a highly spec’d Dynamic in a LOT of detail – I hope that this might help:

There are TWO different cold climate packs for Dynamic models in Australia - P2 and P3.

Climate Pack 2 includes Seats, steering wheel, windscreen and washer jets (072AC)

Climate Pack 3 includes steering wheel, windscreen and washer jets – NOT seats. (072BC)

Pack 3 is most relevant when you option the Plus Pack (P5 - which I have) that already includes heated seats, or the Dynamic Plus lux pack (P6) that includes climate seats… (I have seen cars though with just P3 and standard interior - weird spec IMHO in Aus, but it can be done).

Your order form should list the code that I’ve included above I think – ie: 072AC or 072BC

Maybe the dealer keyed in the wrong Climate pack?

My TOPIX sheet, based off the VIN (which you probably don't have yet) says:
- HEATED SEATS - DRV/PASS
- LESS ELECT WINDSHIELD DEFROST
- LESS HEATED WASHER JETS
- LESS HEATED STEERING WHEELS

I have had my Evoque just over a month now and loving it. Ultimately I purchased a very fully specified demonstrator that was almost the same as I would have ordered (except Adaptive cruise unfortunately - seems a very rare option from the cars I have seen, and I probably would have ordered Si4 petrol as well - but diesel is fine) - it was too good a deal to pass up. I think the wait would be nearly unbearable...

Hope this helps... Very Happy

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
15-01-2015 01:49pm
PantherX

Thanks for the detailed reply, Ghotson. This is where it got confusing for me (and the dealer). The order I have says "Cold Climate Pack 2", but on the Vista print out I got yesterday the line on the build sheet says "(072BC) Cold Climate Pack 2" which, as you correctly stated, is the code for Climate Pack 3. I don't have the plus pack on mine.

I do have the VIN and looked again on TOPIX and it doesn't list "HEATED SEATS DRV/PASS" so I think I'll pop back in and have another word with the dealer today! I can understand how people get so confused by this, there are so many packs that overlap and the naming of them is very similar. I'm still puzzled as to why front heated seats aren't a standard feature!!

Arrived 21 May 2015: MY15 Si4 Dynamic 5dr, Santorini Black, Full Ebony interior, 19" Style 13, Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Park Assist, Dynamic Tech, Cold Climate & Convenience Packs
15-01-2015 11:11pm
Ghotson

They make it extremely difficult…

There are actually 3 Climate packs (!!!) – the ‘Cold Climate Pack 1 and 2 as outlined previously and Climate Convenience Pack (P10) which includes heated rear seats as well…. But – on a Dynamic – you can’t just option heated front seats individually…

The reason for the confusion is that there are the numbers for the Cold Climate Packs, and there are numbers for bundled option packs – that don’t match. So Cold Climate Pack 1 is P2 (072AC), Cold Climate Pack 2 is P3 (072BC) and Climate Convenience Pack is P10 (072AZ). I'd be having a word to the dealer - because based on the codes in your response… no heated seats Sad

Your Vista printout – apart from having the pack listed (eg: 072BC) will also further down under ‘Standard and included Features’ have the individual option item – in the case of front heated seats 033BV.

The Topix printout at the bottom will also schedule everything that your car doesn’t have – prefaced with ‘LESS’ as my example previous.

From when I shopped around the dealers – it seems that build to order isn’t very common (nor are heated seats) - most people are simply choosing a spec the dealer has already ordered on the system / on the boat that is close enough to what they want with a mix of common options (pano roof, nav, 20" wheels).

PM me if you want.

Greg

MY13 SD4 Dynamic | 5dr | Auto | Firenze Red | Black contrast pano roof | 20” Style 5 wheels | Plus Pack (Velocity) | Adaptive Dynamics | Tech Pack | Convenience Pack | Sat nav | 825w Meridian | Gloss strata trim | Privacy glass | A/V pack with dual view
16-01-2015 12:18am
PantherX

Ghotson Wrote:The reason for the confusion is that there are the numbers for the Cold Climate Packs, and there are numbers for bundled option packs – that don’t match. So Cold Climate Pack 1 is P2 (072AC), Cold Climate Pack 2 is P3 (072BC) and Climate Convenience Pack is P10 (072AZ). I'd be having a word to the dealer - because based on the codes in your response… no heated seats Sad

So I went back into the dealer today and basically what I assumed was right - they have built the car without the heated seats! Crying I can see exactly how it happened too because it's just like you say... Climate Pack 1 is P2 and Climate Pack 2 is P3. Why they don't make the customer-facing documentation line up with their own terminology is just asking for trouble if you ask me. I can see it from there perspective to a point because it is complex with all the packs, but on the other hand they are in the business of selling these cars and you'd think they'd be able to order them correctly!! Mind you the dealer was saying it's very rare for something like this to happen and could only recall one similar incident in the past year. Doesn't help me right now though.

It's made more confusing by the fact that the contracts of sale don't go into the same level of detail as the specific build info that's on the Vista sheet so the whole process is fraught with danger. Quite realistically if I hadn't asked for the detailed print out (which I only knew about from these forums - thanks!) the mistake would never have been picked up and in 8 weeks when the car gets delivered I would have been even more frustrated.

So I've told them I won't accept the car unless it is as specified. I could have entertained taking it if some of the other things were missing, but pano roof and heated seats are my two must haves. Now I'm waiting until Monday for them to come back to me with a solution but it's likely they'll have to build another one and I'll be back in line because my spec is high and not one they have sitting at any of the dealerships around the country. Sad

Ghotson Wrote:From when I shopped around the dealers – it seems that build to order isn’t very common (nor are heated seats) - most people are simply choosing a spec the dealer has already ordered on the system / on the boat that is close enough to what they want with a mix of common options (pano roof, nav, 20" wheels).

I think you're right about that as they tried to offer floor stock to me several times when I placed the order but I figure if I'm spending $100k on a car I may as well get it exactly how I want it. Funnily enough the reason I couldn't get any floor stock at the time was because none were spec'd with heated seats!

16-01-2015 06:30am