Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered.. But placed in holding?
Paul_c

Ordered.. But placed in holding?

Hey everybody, ordered a 2015MY eD4 Pure with a few extras on the 21st March for the wife!
She's been really excited ever since and my dealer called yesterday, (2nd April) which was expected, to confirm build date. However the salesman has told me there has still not been a build week set? In fact he said although my order is registered on the system it is in 'holding' and can not be uploaded(?) to generate a build week until land rover open the system again!
Apparently this is due to a price increase but said not to worry because our invoice price won't change as the original agreement price will be honoured. To be honest we are a little confused as to what is happening. We are aware a facelift is coming so does that suggest we are in fact inline for the facelift model??
Any opinions/experience would be appreciated...
Confused
03-04-2015 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ordered.. But placed in holding?

Facelift models won't start rolling down the production line until after LR's summer break at the earliest. It is possible that there is a backlog of orders (remember a car carrier ship rolled over in Februaru in the Solent - it had 1200 new Land Rovers on board) and they are trying to clear high spec (high profit cars first). Sometimes a "hold" is put on orders for a technical reason - it may be that your new car is going to be built diuring the phase-in of Ingenium engines and that is what is holding up the production. There has also been a hold on deliveries of Discovery Sport for a problem with rear seating and dealers were not allowed to accept new order or deliver cars they had received until that problem was solved (it is now solved) and as DS is built on the same production line as Evoque at Halewood DS's are getting priority of build to clear that backlog of orders. Once he gets back from his leave I would suggest that you drop Pete@Land Rover a PM and ask him to shed some light on the problem - often he can clear up things that dealers don't know about. My last Evoque order was placed in hold for 4 months as the technical team had not completed their testing and setting up of the InControl systems that I had ordered

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2015 12:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2015 12:37pm
Griffter18

You may want to check exactly what you are getting.
The only reason orders go into holding is because the dealer has hit his allocation limit or due to changes.
I think my order was completed in late Feb and also went into holding.
Now being told MY15 not available and it will be an equivelent MY16.
By equivelent im being advise 'model' not specification and there has been some changes for the better and some for the worse.
21-04-2015 07:12am
Paul_c

Thanks for the reply's guys, it was really appreciated. After returning from being away we've received a call from our dealer informing us that our car will be MY16 and delivery is down for 04/09/15... We are more than happy to wait for the new model and We've got alittle time to add to the order. This is good because I had originally forgotten to add a spacer saver spare!

The wait for our first land rover continues...
29-04-2015 09:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Be very careful what you add in the way of factory options for a car being built around the change of model year. Choosing major changes could end up being considered as a new order and you could be charged the raised price of a 2016MY car. Adding the spare shouldn't be a problem but if you changed the interior or exterior or the model designation (say went from Pure to HSE) then it could be considered to be a new order. I would advise that you keep the changes minimal.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 10:04am by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2015 10:03am
Paul_c

Thanks for the advice! My wife was considering the new style twisted 20" alloys also but will be just sticking with the standard dynamic 20's... 504 style I believe.
01-05-2015 11:07am