Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Delivery Date
Donny Dog

RE: Delivery Date

(03-03-2012 10:41am)BTS18 Wrote:  I don't believe the spec had any effect on the delivery time. When I phoned Westover I asked about lead time before giving details of the car I wanted to order. Just an observation.

I concur. We ordered on 10 October and got a February build date, and didn't specify the car at all at that time. Once the spec. was finalised (in January) the build date held good (and we are picking it up on Tuesday).

(03-03-2012 10:41am)BTS18 Wrote:  I don't believe the spec had any effect on the delivery time. When I phoned Westover I asked about lead time before giving details of the car I wanted to order. Just an observation.

I concur. We ordered on 10 October and got a February build date, and didn't specify the car at all at that time. Once the spec. was finalised (in January) the build date held good (and we are picking it up on Tuesday).
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 12:31pm by Donny Dog.)
03-03-2012 12:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(03-03-2012 10:41am)BTS18 Wrote:  Hi Craig_di, I live just down the road from you, Ottershaw (near Woking), where did you order yours?

I don't believe the spec had any effect on the delivery time. When I phoned Westover I asked about lead time before giving details of the car I wanted to order. Just an observation.

I did however receive a phone call 2 weeks later from one of the other dealers I had phoned. They offered a queue jump due to a cancelled order with a build slot in April. I declined, I wasn't sure if this was sales pitch to get the order (they had previously quoted October / November), but this could have been motivated by profit on the vehicle spec............ again this is just speculation.

I ordered through Lancaster Reading. I bought a Disco4 off them new 2 years ago last november, just after it got launched, and managed to get a good discount as well as getting the 0% finance deal that LR were doing at the time, so went back to them again as a thank you.
However, think my patience been tested a little as feedback while waiting has been non existent, and our two services at the dealership have been below expectation(we won't be going back to service the car there again).
In hindsight, as we didn't get a discount this time round, we really should of phoned around. Never mind.
The problem I've got now is that I bought the 185bhp Audi A1 for me to nip around in, and it's beginning to grow on me. The performance is great, I'm getting 37mpg for my commute( had a pure sd4 auto for a month and didn't get better than 28mpg), the sat nav system, trip computer etc is a notch above LR's too.
The only thing is it's not an Evoque, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify the extra £25k I'm going to be spending on the dynamic I've ordered.
Anyway, at the mo still have my order in, but an thinking hard about it. Guess one of the hazards of this forum is you read all the downsides to a car too. Am a little Dissapointed in the mpg of the car, and reading people threads, it doesn't really seem to be improving that much.
Guess I'm just bored of waiting and reading of others getting their car before me while ordering after(I know it's not anyone fault). Don't quite know hoe ED209 does it...he's been waiting since last April or something like that.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 12:01am by Craig_d1.)
03-03-2012 11:57pm
BTS18

(03-03-2012 11:57pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  The problem I've got now is that I bought the 185bhp Audi A1 for me to nip around in, and it's beginning to grow on me. The performance is great, I'm getting 37mpg for my commute( had a pure sd4 auto for a month and didn't get better than 28mpg), the sat nav system, trip computer etc is a notch above LR's too.
The only thing is it's not an Evoque, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to justify the extra £25k I'm going to be spending on the dynamic I've ordered.
Anyway, at the mo still have my order in, but an thinking hard about it. Guess one of the hazards of this forum is you read all the downsides to a car too. Am a little Dissapointed in the mpg of the car, and reading people threads, it doesn't really seem to be improving that much.
Guess I'm just bored of waiting and reading of others getting their car before me while ordering after(I know it's not anyone fault). Don't quite know hoe ED209 does it...he's been waiting since last April or something like that.

I think if you cancelled on the Evoque after waiting all this time you might regret doing it. With the second hand values of the car so high, you may be able to use it for a couple of months (to get it out of your system) and then sell it on, if it does not live up to expectations.

I agree with you about ED209 and RacingSnake, it sounds like a nightmare of a wait for those guys. I cannot think of any reason they have had to wait soooo much longer than everyone else on this forum, and you can hear their frustrations in their posts. Not sure I could have been so patient.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
06-03-2012 01:04pm