babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Delivery Date - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Delivery Date (/Thread-Delivery-Date)

Pages: 1 2

Delivery Date - BTS18 - 02-03-2012 11:09am

Just got a call from the dealer to say my car is due for delivery 18 May 2012.

Build date: 27 April 2012

Ordered : 07 Feb 2012

When I first called the dealer in February, I was told delivery would be late May. I was a bit sceptical, as all my local dealers had given 10 months plus lead times. Also the waiting times on the forum were quite long. Pleased to say, all the ringing around the various dealeships seems to have paid off.

RE: Delivery Date - Craig_d1 - 02-03-2012 11:53am

Wow. My build if 1st June from ordering back in November. You're going to have a lot of jealous forum members out there. Where did you order from?

RE: Delivery Date - RacingSnake - 02-03-2012 11:57am

As above!! Where is the speechless smiley?! Lol

RE: Delivery Date - BTS18 - 02-03-2012 12:15pm

I ordered through Westover Land Rover, Christchurch.

Although I did try, Ascot, Guildford, Thames Ditton, Mayfair and Park Royal. Park Royal and Thames Ditton sales people were busy when I called. The receptionist in both cases said someone would call me back but it never happened, even though I had said I was phoning to order an Evoque!!!

I also tried Southampton but didn't get an answer. Westover was the only dealership that treated me as a genuine customer and had a reasonable lead time.

RE: Delivery Date - THEMACS - 02-03-2012 02:14pm

(02-03-2012 12:15pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Park Lane and Thames Ditton sales people were busy when I called. The receptionist in both cases said someone would call me back but it never happened, even though I had said I was phoning to order an Evoque!!!

I also tried Southampton but didn't get an answer. Westover was the only dealership that treated me as a genuine customer and had a reasonable lead time.

Oh dear, Very Poor indeed. Similar thing happened to me when I called the Liverpool dealer which is my closest one. I said I was interested and asked for a brochure to be sent, this was in June 2011, still waiting for the brochureExclamation

Anyway went to Williams in Manchester and they have been FANTASTIC!!Very Happy

RE: Delivery Date - WorldTraveler - 02-03-2012 02:19pm

(02-03-2012 11:57am)RacingSnake Wrote:  As above!! Where is the speechless smiley?! Lol

Or the GOB SMACKED one ?

Look at the Sig though, Prestige SD4 Auto ... Caah-Chingggg for LR, no wonder its a quick turn around ...

RE: Delivery Date - Craig_d1 - 02-03-2012 03:35pm

(02-03-2012 12:15pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I ordered through Westover Land Rover, Christchurch.

Although I did try, Ascot, Guildford, Thames Ditton, Mayfair and Park Lane. Park Lane and Thames Ditton sales people were busy when I called. The receptionist in both cases said someone would call me back but it never happened, even though I had said I was phoning to order an Evoque!!!

Nicely done. Should of rung around myself, seeing as no dealer is offering any discounts, so the only bargaining chip is delivery times.

RE: Delivery Date - Craig_d1 - 02-03-2012 03:35pm

(02-03-2012 12:15pm)BTS18 Wrote:  I ordered through Westover Land Rover, Christchurch.

Although I did try, Ascot, Guildford, Thames Ditton, Mayfair and Park Lane. Park Lane and Thames Ditton sales people were busy when I called. The receptionist in both cases said someone would call me back but it never happened, even though I had said I was phoning to order an Evoque!!!

Nicely done. Should of rung around myself, seeing as no dealer is offering any discounts, so the only bargaining chip is delivery times.

Look at the Sig though, Prestige SD4 Auto ... Caah-Chingggg for LR, no wonder its a quick turn around ...
[/quote]

Mine is a dynamic with lux, and I'm still waiting 7 monthsSad

RE: Delivery Date - johnboy - 02-03-2012 05:21pm

(02-03-2012 11:09am)BTS18 Wrote:  Just got a call from the dealer to say my car is due for delivery 18 May 2012.

Build date: 27 April 2012

Ordered : 07 Feb 2012

When I first called the dealer in February, I was told delivery would be late May. I was a bit sceptical, as all my local dealers had given 10 months plus lead times. Also the waiting times on the forum were quite long. Pleased to say, all the ringing around the various dealeships seems to have paid off.
Popped into my dealer today as I knew they would be doing the May allocations to LR and I am told that mine is build date 15th May, arrive dealers around the 25th May, and I ordered on the 6th Nov 2011 so you are getting a fantastic turn around time I am jealous but good luck to you for being so fortunate

RE: Delivery Date - BTS18 - 03-03-2012 10:41am

(02-03-2012 03:35pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Nicely done. Should of rung around myself, seeing as no dealer is offering any discounts, so the only bargaining chip is delivery times.

Hi Craig_di, I live just down the road from you, Ottershaw (near Woking), where did you order yours?
(02-03-2012 02:19pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Or the GOB SMACKED one ?

I don't believe the spec had any effect on the delivery time. When I phoned Westover I asked about lead time before giving details of the car I wanted to order. Just an observation.

I did however receive a phone call 2 weeks later from one of the other dealers I had phoned. They offered a queue jump due to a cancelled order with a build slot in April. I declined, I wasn't sure if this was sales pitch to get the order (they had previously quoted October / November), but this could have been motivated by profit on the vehicle spec............ again this is just speculation.