Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order in - what next?
Daigriff

Order in - what next?

Hello all

Deposit paid last October, put order in about a month ago for 5 door SD4 Pure with about 4.5k of extras. However have had no confirmation of order in writing (should I get spec printout?), no build number or anticipated build date...or anything.

Is this the norm? What has everyone else received?

Was hoping for october delivery. Its just that a number of people on here seem to know a lot more about their order than I do...build number and date etc.

Thanks in advance.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-05-2011 08:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Order in - what next?

(23-05-2011 08:09pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Hello all

Deposit paid last October, put order in about a month ago for 5 door SD4 Pure with about 4.5k of extras. However have had no confirmation of order in writing (should I get spec printout?), no build number or anticipated build date...or anything.

Was hoping for october delivery. Its just that a number of people on here seem to know a lot more about their order than I do...build number and date etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Daigriff, welcome to the forum. I'm suprised you haven't had any confirmation of your order yet. After I placed my order (which I did via emails to my dealer) I was sent 2 copies of the order, one of which I needed to sign and send back to them. There was no build date on the order, just a very rough delivery date of 31st December, but the spec was fully detailed.
For your own peace of mind I think you need to chase that up with your dealer.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
23-05-2011 08:18pm
Daigriff

Thanks for the reply Paulus.

I went in and signed the order form at the dealership after discussing all the options with salesman...but cant recall getting a copy for myself. ..will ring tomorrow.

Im sure everything is fine but it would be nice to know when its due to be built and anticipated delivery date as I was lead to believe that I was one of the first deposits at dealership.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
23-05-2011 08:56pm
paulus599

(23-05-2011 08:56pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Im sure everything is fine but it would be nice to know when its due to be built and anticipated delivery date as I was lead to believe that I was one of the first deposits at dealership.

If you were the one of the very first to pay a deposit, then you should definately get your car in October as that is the first scheduled delivery date for the Pure SD4 - you lucky dog Smile
Would certainly push your dealer for something in writing though.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
23-05-2011 09:05pm
richardk

(23-05-2011 08:09pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Hello all

Thanks in advance.
24-05-2011 07:46am
richardk

I originally placed my order Jan 2010 and then went into the showroom on the first day of ordering (04/04) to specify my vehicle (Pure, SD4 auto... ). I never received an "order form" at the time, but was told a form would be processed and sent to me for signing. After harassing the dealer, its turns out that they are not taking orders (or processing paperwork) for Pure until Aug/Sept, with delivery Dec/Jan. Since then I have changed to a Prestige, signed the order form within 2days and been given a delivery date of 29/09.
24-05-2011 10:07am
BFGEvoqueMan

(24-05-2011 10:07am)richardk Wrote:  I originally placed my order Jan 2010 and then went into the showroom on the first day of ordering (04/04) to specify my vehicle (Pure, SD4 auto... ). I never received an "order form" at the time, but was told a form would be processed and sent to me for signing. After harassing the dealer, its turns out that they are not taking orders (or processing paperwork) for Pure until Aug/Sept, with delivery Dec/Jan. Since then I have changed to a Prestige, signed the order form within 2days and been given a delivery date of 29/09.

Time to change the dealer???

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
24-05-2011 12:03pm
paulus599

(24-05-2011 10:07am)richardk Wrote:  After harassing the dealer, its turns out that they are not taking orders (or processing paperwork) for Pure until Aug/Sept, with delivery Dec/Jan.

That's odd, I'm positive that the first build of the Pure SD4 is scheduled for deliveries in October, haven't heard of any problems either so could just be your dealer...

24-05-2011 02:20pm
Urban Splash

(24-05-2011 02:20pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(24-05-2011 10:07am)richardk Wrote:  After harassing the dealer, its turns out that they are not taking orders (or processing paperwork) for Pure until Aug/Sept, with delivery Dec/Jan.

That's odd, I'm positive that the first build of the Pure SD4 is scheduled for deliveries in October, haven't heard of any problems either so could just be your dealer...

I thought that also.... First build of Pure is October. Then again, nothing useful from the dealer regarding build slots etc for a while. I thought that once they had my £1k I would be kept informed. How silly of me. After all, I have never purchased a £70k Range Rover from them before, so what do they care about me.....?

Tempted to sack it all off and get my grand back.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
24-05-2011 02:27pm
Wicksy

I'm a bit disappointed with the dealer too, Urban. I've e mailed them over a week ago with a spec change and haven't had a reply yet - maybe I expect too much because at the moment I'm with Lexus whose customer care is first class
24-05-2011 03:57pm