Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order in - what next?
Daigriff

RE: Order in - what next?

My order is in but salesman off today.

Apparently is for an October delivery, which ties in with what I thought...just need it in writing.

Must admit not bought a LR/RR before...they don't seem as efficient as other manufacturers I've dealt with.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
24-05-2011 05:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
richardk

(24-05-2011 03:57pm)Wicksy Wrote:  I'm a bit disappointed with the dealer too, Urban. I've e mailed them over a week ago with a spec change and haven't had a reply yet - maybe I expect too much because at the moment I'm with Lexus whose customer care is first class

The dealer where I am has been allocated 6 cars (3 showroom and 3 for sale). If your spec is in the 3 sale cars then you'll get the car in Sept (in order on the booking list); if not then the next batch is Oct/Nov (but I assume the allocation of models/specs is determined by LR). It would appear the dealer has no control of their allocation; its just luck whether or not your spec matches their allocation....
24-05-2011 05:23pm
MW73

I spoke to my dealer today about amending my spec to include the power tailgate after seeing it at the evoque live event, however he said that as my order I'd in the first allocation if I wanted to add this option I would have to wait for my car from there next allocation of vehicles! Seems a bit odd as it's not a major item to add surely??
24-05-2011 08:12pm
griff

(24-05-2011 08:12pm)MW73 Wrote:  I spoke to my dealer today about amending my spec to include the power tailgate after seeing it at the evoque live event, however he said that as my order I'd in the first allocation if I wanted to add this option I would have to wait for my car from there next allocation of vehicles! Seems a bit odd as it's not a major item to add surely??

Hi MW
I had an email from my dealer today and he said I could alter my spec until two weeks before build.
I think you are not correctly informed.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
24-05-2011 08:59pm
MW73

Hi griff that's interesting I will speak to my dealer again....Smile
24-05-2011 09:19pm
Alex

Put my order in on Saturday (Guy Salmon) here in Bristol. My dealer said there were quite a few on the list but fortunately we placed our deposit a few months back (I think I’m at 32 out of 43 so far). Anyway he said that the cars arrive at their showrooms in September and all of those that have placed an order will have a private viewing at the showroom with test drives, plus food as well. Sounds sort of cool so I’m looking forward to September, but only worry is if I drive it and think this isn’t as great as I thought it would be!

Hopefully not the case...I wonder though if you loathed the test drive experience whether or not you could back down?
Put my order in on Saturday (Guy Salmon) here in Bristol. My dealer said there were quite a few on the list but fortunately we placed our deposit a few months back (I think I’m at 32 out of 43 so far). Anyway he said that the cars arrive at their showrooms in September and all of those that have placed an order will have a private viewing at the showroom with test drives, plus food as well. Sounds sort of cool so I’m looking forward to September, but only worry is if I drive it and think this isn’t as great as I thought it would be!

Hopefully not the case...I wonder though if you loathed the test drive experience whether or not you could back down?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2011 11:50am by Alex.)
31-05-2011 11:50am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Has he given you a slot yet? I assume if you wait until a drive in September your order will have been submitted and your committed to buy. I've been told if you wait until the cars are in showrooms you'll be looking at an 8 month wait from then. I guess you take a 'gamble' if you want a new car on the streets first. This is where you could move up the queue quickly if those deposit placers ahead you won't commit before a test drive.
31-05-2011 01:43pm
Alex

Not sure how they are doing it but he said we are all in a que and depending on what vehicles are available to the Bristol dealership will depend who gets their vehicle first based on their spec and where they sit in the que.

I'm in no rush to get imediatley but dont want to be waiting until this time next year, only bonus to waiting is more savings and less finance.

He told me the build slot may be September with expected delivery in December or as late as February.

But I'm not sure how the legality works as I have placed a deposit but not paid in full, and you don't pay in full until you collect the vehicle. But I guess you are contractually obliged to purchase perhaps? There must be inistances where people have changed their mind and ditched the order on new builds?

However I dont think there will be any problems and Im sure I will still be sold when i do the test drive will be fine.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
31-05-2011 03:21pm
LRX
Banned

You could probably just sell your place on to someone else - and even make some extra cash.
03-06-2011 09:23am
Alex

Yeah I never thought of that, however determined to make it through to collecting the keys!

03-06-2011 09:41am