Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order, MY14 Zanzibar Pure Tech.
Jinzen

RE: Order, MY14 Zanzibar Pure Tech.

The dynamic has a different fuller/fatter look to it which I don't like. Prestige is a good option if you wanted the goodies, but I agree, I'd rather pay barebones prices on an entry level RR than spec it out - doesn't seem worth it, could just get a RR Sport instead.
13-01-2014 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

I justified the £815 purely for the Signature Lights as the car looks wrong without them.

(13-01-2014 11:53am)Jinzen Wrote:  The dynamic has a different fuller/fatter look to it which I don't like. Prestige is a good option if you wanted the goodies, but I agree, I'd rather pay barebones prices on an entry level RR than spec it out - doesn't seem worth it, could just get a RR Sport instead.

I don't think the Prestige is worth the extra over a Pure with nice options to be honest, hence why I did exactly that after my Dynamic Lux.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2014 01:36pm by The Valeter.)
13-01-2014 01:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shakeyjake

(13-01-2014 01:34pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I justified the £815 purely for the Signature Lights as the car looks wrong without them.

I don't think the Prestige is worth the extra over a Pure with nice options to be honest, hence why I did exactly that after my Dynamic Lux.

Lol, i am now left wondering if my decision of a contrast roof is wrong and i should spend a little more to get the lights..!! haha... I can always wrap the roof and all silver bits black at a later date... I think an appointment with the salesman is due....Rolling Eyes

2014 Zanzibar PureTech - Delivered on 01/03/2014 at 00:01...
2003 Td5 Discovery 2 in Epsom Green, awaiting the long list of Faults which are bound to come.
2008 Triumph 675triple Daytona my sweet, my love, my precious....
Moved on from Jap Crap and looking forward to nothing but British Eccentricity.
13-01-2014 01:42pm
Jinzen

Yea you can paint or wrap the roof for a few hundred dollars, or get adaptive bi-xenons, which are much more expensive as parts and aren't easy to do after the fact (well, hid kit is actually pretty easy, but you lose the DRLs)
13-01-2014 03:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Singhy on here has a roof wrap on his Indus Silver Evoque. Personally I would rather have good powerful headlights over a black painted roof - the adaptive xenons are especially good if you have to drive dark country lanes a lot at night and front seat passengers were always intrigued by the little cornering lamps that came on when cornering at less than 30mph or the indicator was on and the kerb was illuminated!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-01-2014 05:08pm
SINGHY

Shakeyjake
Why don't you save £500 by foregoing the contrast roof as you can get it wrapped for less than half that(like I did) and use what you've saved to pay for the xenon DRLs as functionally and aesthetically they are worth it. A lot of folk on here whinge about the standard lights and wish they'd got the xenons.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
13-01-2014 07:34pm
m_101

I agree. Would struggle without my xenons, did do when I had to drive a pure around for a bit without them.
I would say get the xenons and wrap the roof.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
13-01-2014 08:21pm
SINGHY

Hi Tim
Happy New Year to you. I think the years must be catching up with you,mines an Orkney grey. Are you anywhere exciting at the moment?

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
13-01-2014 08:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Depends what you mean by exciting................... exciting as in great place to be or exciting as in lots of risky things happening!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-01-2014 06:15am
Shakeyjake

Well after some thought and also the salesman calling to let me know that the car build would be locked off on Friday evening i took everyone's advice and added the Xenons.

2014 Zanzibar PureTech - Delivered on 01/03/2014 at 00:01...
2003 Td5 Discovery 2 in Epsom Green, awaiting the long list of Faults which are bound to come.
2008 Triumph 675triple Daytona my sweet, my love, my precious....
Moved on from Jap Crap and looking forward to nothing but British Eccentricity.
27-01-2014 11:16pm