Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open Door chime : OFF Please.
benzina

Open Door chime : OFF Please.

We know the seatbelt chime can be turn off, but we have yet to solve the door open chime,which i think is worse.
I've started this thread solely for anyone who can find out if the open door chime can be switched off.
My dealer says no, but i'm not convinced they have done all they can in finding out the definative truth from LD technical headquarters.
I'd like to put it to any of our worldwide members (who would also like to have this annoying chime turned off), to ask the question from their dealers ,and report back with hopefully a solution.

UPDATE - Solution found!!! see post #6 below....

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 02:31am by benzina.)
02-04-2012 02:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Open Door chime : OFF Please.

Page 210 of the manual lists the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box contents and No 8 Fuse is "passenger door module" - doesn't say what it is the fuse for as looking at the list of other fuses (and there are a lot of them) the electric windows appear to be covered by other fuses.
The thing that would be important to me would be if the chimes were silenced, would the "tailgate open" alarm still work

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2012 02:31pm
benzina

Good point Tim, the tailgate chime is worthy.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
02-04-2012 02:51pm
slee18

Mine is barely audiabile on the open door, turn signal, ignition on, and running without key. Havent taken it to the dealer yet but I kind of like it Smile.

FYI I was kicking the foot rest couple times then the next day it wasn't audible anymore

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
02-04-2012 04:17pm
benzina

Kicking the footrest a couple times,to stop it..... i like thatSmile

03-04-2012 03:04am
benzina

I found a way to STOP the open-door chime when stationary Very Happy......
Solution - Put the electric handbrake on, and set the automatic dial to N-(NEUTRAL).

SUMMERY
P - (Park) = Chime
N - (Neutral) = NO Chime.

NOTE : (When using neutral,please remember to ALWAYS engage the electric handbrake with the dashboard manual switch)

(This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 02:22am by benzina.)
04-04-2012 12:25pm