Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One more reason to go for the auto gearbox
Kimv

It took me a long time to decide and I pulled every single excuse to justify taking the auto gearbox. But a few days ago I nailed it and crashed pretty badly with my mountainbike and broke my elbow. If it weren't for the auto gearbox, I'd be stuck in the house now Smile. I'm the only one in the house with a driver's license.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
20-10-2012 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: One more reason to go for the auto gearbox

Talk about accentuating the positive, broken elbow but I can still drive.

Hope it mends quickly.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
20-10-2012 03:36pm
gw76

Do you need to let your insurance know - presuming you have a plaster cast ? (seem to recall a similar story)
21-10-2012 07:03pm
Kimv

(21-10-2012 07:03pm)gw76 Wrote:  Do you need to let your insurance know - presuming you have a plaster cast ? (seem to recall a similar story)

No idea actually, I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
21-10-2012 07:28pm
Bowl

Wish you a speedy recovery so that you can enjoy your Evoque with both hands Smile

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
22-10-2012 05:14am
PhilSkill

(20-10-2012 03:27pm)Kimv Wrote:  It took me a long time to decide and I pulled every single excuse to justify taking the auto gearbox. But a few days ago I nailed it and crashed pretty badly with my mountainbike and broke my elbow. If it weren't for the auto gearbox, I'd be stuck in the house now Smile. I'm the only one in the house with a driver's license.

Sorry to hear your troubles Kimv, dangerous stuff that mountain biking! having been laid up for a while this year I know what its like! Not overly sure you should be driving or your insurance company will be very happy with you driving in that state though, but needs must I guess. But i'll still stick with the Manual!

Get well soon!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-10-2012 04:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Depends which elbow he broke - I bust the ball joint on my right arm years ago and changed my car from a TVR to an Auto Volvo 480ES. There was no way I could drive the TVR even without a cast on my arm (you cannot immobilise the balljoint in a cast!) it was too painful but I could drive an automatic. So if KimV has bust his left elbow he should be able to drive fine! Now he just needs to grow up and get a Defender to replace the mountain bike................ I did that too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 04:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-10-2012 04:54pm
Wired

I have the auto box to. The main reason being that we have so much slow traffic in The Netherlands during rush hour a manual box get very uncomfortable. With an auto box you can just drive using the brake.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
31-10-2012 08:18am
speary

(20-10-2012 03:27pm)Kimv Wrote:  It took me a long time to decide and I pulled every single excuse to justify taking the auto gearbox. But a few days ago I nailed it and crashed pretty badly with my mountainbike and broke my elbow. If it weren't for the auto gearbox, I'd be stuck in the house now Smile. I'm the only one in the house with a driver's license.

Breaking some part of me never entered my head when deciding between manual or auto. Maybe I need to look at things differently, or maybe not

Hope you elbow mends quickly, I packed in Mountain biking in my mid 40's due to not liking pain and my injuries taking longer and longer to heal

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
31-10-2012 01:53pm