Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Oil/Grease on the front screen
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Oil/Grease on the front screen

Neat washing up liquid on kitchen roll has done the job thanks, then dried off with some freshly squeezed lemon juice onto a newspaper page - now have a gleaming front screen! Also gave the wiper blades another good wash with the neat washing up liquid.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 10:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Tim, if you haven't done this already put some vinegar onto a piece of kitchen roll & wipe over the wiper blades a few times to get rid of any washing up liquid residue...

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
26-09-2011 10:24am
griff

Excellent stuff - Spot on Spiderman

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
26-09-2011 10:26am
XFullFatTim

Thumbs Up was in the process of doing the blades as you suggest when the Farnell's driver appeared from Leeds with 4 x 19" style 3 Alloys and tyres for me (complete with the RR centre caps!) - so the garage is refilling with wheels and tyres - 2 x 20" style 6's and 4 x Style 3 19's stacked up. If anybody is looking for some spare 19" 235/55R19 Continental Cross Contacts I will soon have 4 going on the for sale section, looks like they have done delivery miles only.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-09-2011 11:04am
lemm

Quote:so may have to put the wipers to the frost setting tonight!

is this a feature on the Evoque... or an old scottish trick during the winter months? Confused
26-09-2011 12:47pm
Spiderman

It's a feature on the Evoque, you select this option by using the right hand buttons on the steering wheel & scrolling through the settings which are displayed on the small screen between the dash instruments, the wipers then come to a rest at the foot of the heated element in the front windscreen which means that when you defrost the front screen the front wiper blades will be defrosted also, quite ingenious!

26-09-2011 01:10pm
lemm

clever... very clever. Thumbs Up
26-09-2011 02:42pm
XFullFatTim

I have also found it makes lifting the blades off the screen easier when they are stopped in the "frost" setting than when they are normally parked at the bottom of the screen. BTW when you select the frost parking position you should also disable the auto-on wiper function otherwise the detector for auto thinks the rhime on the screen is water and tries to operate the wipers across the frozen screen before the screen heater has done it's job - not good for the condition of the wiper rubbers

(This post was last modified: 26-09-2011 02:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-09-2011 02:51pm
Spiderman

There are loads of clever subtle touches in the Evoque, like the way you can simply waft your hand under the interior lights to switch them on and off, the speech recognition is a joy to use also.

26-09-2011 02:52pm