Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Oh no - Tailgate alignment :(
WB
WB

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :(

Tailgate on my first evoque was out and adjusted under warranty although when I showed the dealer that it had rubbed against the parcel shelf they said that wouldn't have been caused by the misaligned tailgate...
22-02-2013 10:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

(22-02-2013 10:13pm)WB Wrote:  Tailgate on my first evoque was out and adjusted under warranty although when I showed the dealer that it had rubbed against the parcel shelf they said that wouldn't have been caused by the misaligned tailgate...

Faeries...

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
22-02-2013 10:29pm
Samson

(21-02-2013 09:14am)GibEvoque Wrote:  I have recently noticed the rear tailgate has fallen out of alignment and dropped down about half inch. This has caused the parcel shelf to rub against interior plastics and rubbed through on both. So dropped in yesterday as getting first services (seems reasonable at £154) and they called me asking iof i have had an accident etc, which obviously i havent.

Has anyone else had this problem, remember seeing a thread a while back but can't find it.

Haven't got a pic unfortunately.

(21-02-2013 04:19pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  Not too impressed at the moment they are trying to charge me for the realignment (£100).

Oh well a link to a few threads here showing its a common problem should sort that one out.

GibEvoque,

They should not be charging for this. Definitely a warranty issue... my dealer had to get an engineer in from LR to fix.
If you have problems suggest you touch base with LR Customer Services. The thread you are referring to may be mine - http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Tailgate-...ed-Finally

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
24-02-2013 05:43pm
Evofirenze

(21-02-2013 09:14am)GibEvoque Wrote:  I have recently noticed the rear tailgate has fallen out of alignment and dropped down about half inch. This has caused the parcel shelf to rub against interior plastics and rubbed through on both. So dropped in yesterday as getting first services (seems reasonable at £154) and they called me asking iof i have had an accident etc, which obviously i havent.

Has anyone else had this problem, remember seeing a thread a while back but can't find it.

Haven't got a pic unfortunately.

I had the same issue a while back. It was fixed and was totally covered by the warranty!
You should not have to pay for any part, not even the service!! I did not! Keep in mind, I bought my car in UK and got the tailgate fixed in Germany by one of the LR dealers!

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Firenze
Panoramic-Narvik Black, Adaptive Dynamics, Pack 2 & 4, Style 7, Electric TB...
25-02-2013 08:01pm
GibEvoque

All sorted just waiting for parts, all under warranty as LR have confirmed its a common fault, just waiting for parcel shelf etc to arrive now.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
28-02-2013 10:52am
sciack

Oh no - Tailgate alignment :(

Hi,

Anyone can explain me how to fix this? I live in Thailand and my car is not covered by warranty as I have it imported from UK. I need to know what parts must be changed, anyone has more info about this? Or is it just to be adjusted? Please help. Thanks.
28-04-2013 12:51pm
ChuckieB

(21-02-2013 10:15am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Been adjusted just the twice so far!

After persistent issues over the 3 years with the tailgate alignment clearly not 100%, just before it ran out of warranty, I asked that they look at it again. Out turn is that it is now going to have a complete new tailgate as it has developed a hairline crack on the hinge and there has been some paint damage due to the misalignment amongst the lesser noticeable effects. Haven't yet had a chance to check for myself. Not sure whether to be pleased that it is finally being seen to and I have been vindicated or worried because I am having to have some remedial work done that involves colour matching paintwork. I lose the car for 2 weeks!

Still, FairPlay to JLR again, it is being dealt with finally but it could have been sorted nearly 3 years ago. At least credit to the dealer for pushing the case on my behalf.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
07-03-2015 01:28am
vinny

Don't fancy your chances on a good paint match after 3 years on a firenze metallic,would be tempted just to leave it as is.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
07-03-2015 01:50pm
ChuckieB

(07-03-2015 01:50pm)vinny Wrote:  Don't fancy your chances on a good paint match after 3 years on a firenze metallic,would be tempted just to leave it as is.

Had been my thought. At least there should be no touching in against existing paint anywhere that can be seen and it's a complete new gate so a complete spray job. I think the roof spoiler is transferrable.

I've now seen the hairline crack and the rubbed paintwork. So I am happy for them to crack on with the job and hopefully I get a tailgate that the trim finally aligns and opens smoothly which it never has in all the time I've owned it. It was only when I was casting an eye over the powered gate on a discovery sport did I get the sense that mine was a real problem rather than just an irritation!

Delivered 17/2/2012!

07-03-2015 08:06pm
ChuckieB

Well it's been in and then in again. The saga has rolled on and on and on and on. Yesterday I picked up the car for a second time and maybe this time we do have a result? The new tailgate looks better aligned than it ever has, remembering I have owned this car for 3 1/2 years, and it has, by the process of elimination, finally had replacement set of power struts as well It finally seems to open as it should do. No juddering and a lot quieter. Paint matches don't appear to have been an issue.

Come on JLR, why all this hassle? It's a known issue! The car went in under warranty and just because the subsequent second repair straddled beyond the warranty the dealer and body shop have been having their own hassles.

As far as the dealer is concerned, mention goes to the service team at Lookers Chipperfield for their assistance and reassurance that it is something they would get it resolved! Thanks.

......the end? I hope so!

Delivered 17/2/2012!

04-07-2015 12:12pm