babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( (/Thread-Oh-no-Tailgate-alignment)

Pages: 1 2 3

Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - GibEvoque - 21-02-2013 09:14am

I have recently noticed the rear tailgate has fallen out of alignment and dropped down about half inch. This has caused the parcel shelf to rub against interior plastics and rubbed through on both. So dropped in yesterday as getting first services (seems reasonable at £154) and they called me asking iof i have had an accident etc, which obviously i havent.

Has anyone else had this problem, remember seeing a thread a while back but can't find it.

Haven't got a pic unfortunately.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - ChuckieB - 21-02-2013 10:15am

Been adjusted just the twice so far!

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - xxxx5 - 21-02-2013 10:38am

Mine has been to the dealers twice now for this issue. It has to go back in Mid March for a replacement parcel shelf, they seem to be on back order! Maybe that's a sign of the issue JLR have here. The first time it was adjusted it was that far out of alignment the dealer had to call JLR who had to bring a factory jig and two workers off the factory floor to undertake the realignment. Not very impressive on a £35k car.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - cutter7 - 21-02-2013 10:42am

Twice for me as well!..

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - Straydox - 21-02-2013 11:34am

Mine chafed the black tailgate hinge cover - which also manifested itself as harsh resonance sometimes - was fixed and the cover replaced.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - GibEvoque - 21-02-2013 04:19pm

Not too impressed at the moment they are trying to charge me for the realignment (£100).

Oh well a link to a few threads here showing its a common problem should sort that one out.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - xxxx5 - 21-02-2013 04:21pm

(21-02-2013 04:19pm)GibEvoque Wrote:  Not too impressed at the moment they are trying to charge me for the realignment (£100).

Oh well a link to a few threads here showing its a common problem should sort that one out.

It is a known warranty issue, hence the back log for certain parts. I wouldn't pay any charge to have the repair undertaken.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - PhilSkill - 21-02-2013 04:29pm

Mine's been done under warranty, not dropped but was over to 1 side.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - GibEvoque - 21-02-2013 04:33pm

(21-02-2013 04:21pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  It is a known warranty issue, hence the back log for certain parts. I wouldn't pay any charge to have the repair undertaken.

I agree as i am going to ask for a new parcel shelf and trim to be fitted. I won't be happy if they start pissing me around, especially as i have recommended the sales side to friends and other people of the Forum.
All sorted, plus 20% discount on service.

RE: Oh no - Tailgate alignment :( - Jonathon555 - 22-02-2013 09:39pm

My tailgate is also rubbing at the top , I must take it in as it through the paint now