Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wrapping
KaDargo

Wrapping

Seems to be getting mentioned on here a lot - so I googled it.
Looks like it is something a company would have done, but I assume those talking about it would have a plain colour applied ?

How does it work?
What sort of finish is it ?
Does it peel off etc or damage easily ?
How much does it cost ?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
25-08-2011 02:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Wrapping

Wrapping (not the music variety) is applying a vinyl sheet "shrink' wrap type finish to your car to change it's appearance - many of the ads you see on buses and corporate images on trucks are wraps as it is cheaper than re-spraying. The vinyl is self adhesive and can be removed when you tire of the finish and want something else! It can protect the cars paintwork and if applied properly shouldn't peel off easily (it should be applied round the edges of panels to prevent peeling)
I was quoted £1500 inc VAT to wrap the main body of an Evoque Coupe and another £200 for a contrast roof effect.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-08-2011 03:05pm
Token

RE: Wrapping

I'm really interested in this so am going to try and see an example...would love to go with the same Matte Grey that BMW do on their new M3

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
25-08-2011 03:18pm