Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RRE 'v' RRS
Token

RRE 'v' RRS

Question for those of you that have owned a Sport and an Evoque...what would you say were the pro's and con's of each compared to the other...and would you ever go back to a Sport?

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
04-04-2012 07:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: RRE 'v' RRS

I've owned 2 RRS's - a 2.7TDV6 and a 3.6TDv8, both now obsolete! 2.7 had "adequate" power, very comfortable , not as much space as you would think not that economical as the 2.7tonnes weight is a lot to ask of the motor. 3.6TDV8 - the engine it should have had from day 1, FANTASTIC motor, wonderful performance, more economical to run than the 2.7 but VED was crippling! Pre 2010MY cars eat front suspension bushes (reckon on at least annual replacement)
My TDV8 HSE is the best car I have ever owned (much better than the 2010MY FFRR I had from a performance / handling point of view but not so good for the interior - my TDv8 RRS was a 2007MY), all though Evoque is very close. The performance of the 3.6TDV8 is not far off the 4.2ltr Supercharged but the economy is 28-30mpg versus 9-12mpg! There are very few post 2010MY Tdv8's as the engine didn't comply with Euro5 and the 4.4ltr version of the motor is too big to squeeze under the bonnet.
On both cars EGR's are a problem and if one goes then the other will not be far behind, best cure is to get them blanked off. Pre 2010MY cars have a pretty poor interior for a RR, but this was fixed post 2010MY along with a few visual upgrades to the exterior.
The post 2010MY TDV6/ SDV6 3.0 litre is almost as good as a TDv8 but without the suspension problems, the 5.0litre S/C is fantastic but you won't see much more than 20mpg on a very good day. Current Autobiography is a lovely spec, but a) they are starting to look old and b) they are getting quite expensive for what they are, but I would have another one. OffRoad the RRS is very very good having a proper transfer box and TR.
RRS is rumoured to be going to be replaced by an all new model in 2014/2015 and gain the option of a 7 seat version.
There are an awful lot of RRS's out there now and 80% of production has been Black, with drug dealer glass - avoid anything on wheels bigger than 20" too, the steering rack had to be uprated if you specced 20" wheels on a 2005-2007 car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 08:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2012 08:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply