Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie to forum & the Marque
RadioHam

Hi all,

Having driven all things VW for the last 10 years I have been attracted to the RRE for 3 main reasons:

1. stunning looks
2. numerous rave road test reports over the pre-launch period
3. affordable RR ownership

So I bit the bullet a few weeks back and ordered - the VW Tig TDI 170 Sport is being replaced by a Pure TD4. My only worry now is that I should have gone for the SD4 to equal current performance of the Tiguan..... however as the torque figures for the TD4 & SD4 are similar I don't imagine real world performance will be as far apart as the 40 bhp difference would suggest.

I may add Privacy glass - but very undecided on this... looks good on some vehicles not so good on others... can't decide if it looks good or not on the RRE!

Prob will upgrade to 19" wheels - 20" would be even better but couldn't deal with the scuffs! That said the local dealer's Dynamic Coupe SI4 has michelins on the 20" wheels with around half an inch of tyre past the rim - however most seem to come with Conti's and there doesn't seem to be a way to specify/ensure the factory specs Michelins.

decisions decisons and the clock is ticking!

Great forum BTW....

Pure 5 door manual TD4 in Fuji/Ebony - front fogs, tow bar & spare wheel - January Deliv.
14-09-2011 09:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tekno
Banned

RE: Newbie to forum & the Marque

VWs are the cars that people who don't like cars buy. Glad you've moved onto something with a little more personality.
21-09-2011 07:54am
SebM

(21-09-2011 07:54am)Tekno Wrote:  VWs are the cars that people who don't like cars buy. Glad you've moved onto something with a little more personality.

+ 1 !!! Wink

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
21-09-2011 07:58am
rsk21

rolleyes

Golf R32 first and second gen ?

Mk1, 2, 5 and 6 Golf GTi ?

Mk2 GTi 16v

Mk 1 and 2 Scirocco GTI ?

Mk3 Scirocco R ?
21-09-2011 10:15am
gead

Can see where you are coming from tekno, but the reality is there have been enough cracking models in the vw lineup as outlined by rsk21 to shout you down... I'd like to add the passat r36 as another example of a ludicrously good car that is a delight to drive....I'm not sure they are looking to continue in this vein though...the new passat looks like a sedative....

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
21-09-2011 10:21am
RadioHam

(21-09-2011 07:54am)Tekno Wrote:  VWs are the cars that people who don't like cars buy. Glad you've moved onto something with a little more personality.

Can't agree with that - having driven both competitively & professionally for many years I think I might qualify as someone who likes cars.... Shocked

Pure 5 door manual TD4 in Fuji/Ebony - front fogs, tow bar & spare wheel - January Deliv.
21-09-2011 11:10pm
Acwats

(21-09-2011 10:15am)rsk21 Wrote:  rolleyesRolling Eyes

Golf R32 first and second gen ?

Mk1, 2, 5 and 6 Golf GTi ?

Mk2 GTi 16v

Mk 1 and 2 Scirocco GTI ?

Mk3 Scirocco R ?

+1. What a crass statement

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
22-09-2011 06:50am