Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie Question on Dynamic Spec
PREVOQUE

Newbie Question on Dynamic Spec

Evening all,

Just joined the babyRR fold today after lumping a deposit down on a 64 plate 5dr Dynamic. The car is for Mrs PREVOQUE and she is still licking her wounds after i sold her beloved Full Fat last weekend.

Anyhow, the car seems a nice one in Barolo black (subtly different from Santorini??) and Ivory leather.

Reason for the question is, I've never been so confused by the similarity of specs on a model range. What would be the minimum spec on a 5dr Dynamic MY14. A job to tell on LR website as the model names have all changed slightly.
Any help appreciated.

RRE DYNAMIC MY14.5 ?
D4 SDV6 MY16
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 :(Gone
25-06-2016 07:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Newbie Question on Dynamic Spec

Welcome to the forum, I'd like to add another variation............. Apart from being a Dynamic it could also be a Lux and then be a Lux with Plus pack! Plus is easy to tell, you get extended leather and high back Recaro front seats. Lux pack gives you Hybrid TV, 825W Meridian audio with surround sound, electrically operated tailgate, heated steering wheel and a few other things. The "basic" Dynamic should have Magneride suspension, a Dynamic button on the left side of the Terrain Response buttons, different body kit to the Pure and Pretige models, 20" Style 6 wheels, BiXenon headlights and a few other bits and bobs. I have the original brochures for the Dynamaic so will look later and add what else it should have.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-06-2016 07:19pm
PREVOQUE

Thanks Tim,
As far as I'm aware it's not a Lux. The next one I was going to look at was but they twisted my arm. The one we've agreed on has pano roof, electric tailgate, heated & cooled front seats, heated rear seats. I did notice the dynamic button. Does that just stiffen the suspension?
Was hoping it may have blind spot monitoring but forgot to check the mirror.
It has a black front grille and they are doing front and rear valance for me so it will look the same as a black pack. It's also just had 20" 2016MY black alloys fitted so looks good.

RRE DYNAMIC MY14.5 ?
D4 SDV6 MY16
25-06-2016 07:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sounds like the previous owner didn't spec the Lux Pack then but picked options that they fancied. It must quite a late 2014 car to have cooled seats too.

Dynamic pack makes the suspension react more rapidly, it does "firm" it up it also reduces roll in fast driving on twisty roads. It also weights up the steering. I'm not sure about the later cars but in my 2015 MY Sport it also changes the gearbox map so that it holds gears long and kicks down more rapidly, I don't think 2014MY Evoques do this.
Blind Spot Monitor isn't really necessary but it is nice to have as there are other useful options you can tie into it - I think you will find the mirrors are pretty good. I also found on both my Evoques with BSM that it was very sensitive and the near side one used to get set blinking when driving down country roads with hedges close to the edge of the verge - it was a pain and sometimes led to the system locking up.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-06-2016 08:55am
PREVOQUE

Cheers for that Tim. All helpful stuff.
It was first registered late Sept 2014. Not seen many with the cooled seats on them so a bonus as they never advertised that feature. The garage we bought it from had 6 Evokes and sell quite a few and said it was the first they's seen with cooled seats and rear heated ones.
I'm guessing the car is 14.5MY rather than a 15MY?

RRE DYNAMIC MY14.5 ?
D4 SDV6 MY16
26-06-2016 09:25am