Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...
Evo-king

RE: New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

(04-11-2012 05:13am)SuH Wrote:  Crikey guys, all these long waits are unbelievable. I'm in Australia, we were told 3 months and that car arrived the exact week it was supposed to. Surprising I know! My condolences to you all. Waiting is a bugger.

That's because overseas models get priority, for every three built at Halewood 2 are destined for the overseas market.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-11-2012 06:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zesty314

(04-11-2012 06:53pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That's because overseas models get priority, for every three built at Halewood 2 are destined for the overseas market.

It's actually less than 1 in 5 that stay in the UK.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
04-11-2012 08:55pm
SuH

New thread to moan for all those who are fed up of the wait...

Really! Sorry guys Sad
05-11-2012 11:03am
LonnyGer

That is not fair at all! Orders should be proceeded only according to their date, no matter where the order was placed.

I think it has something to do with street presence, im living in a Town with almost 300.000 inhabitants here in Germany, and i see an Evoque 1 times a month, so it is much more than just a rare car on german streets, i think LR is aware of this and is now pushing overseas orders forward.

Dont get me wrong like I said before I think orders should be proceed only according to the date they where placed, and not because of they where ordered from some country overseas. If im telling someone I ordered an Evoque, 90% of the persons here have absolutely no idea what car this is and to which brand it could be possible belong to.

Lonny

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2012 02:34pm by LonnyGer.)
05-11-2012 02:33pm
Tulabb

(03-11-2012 07:44am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey first of all it is a very unusual to get an expected delivery date, without beeing able to tell you the build date,

It is like knowing when the baby gets born, without knowing the date of women's pregnancy. So this makes no sense at all, according to my understanding.

If its an mid december delivery, it is propably an late November Build Date, if its an early December delivery date, it is propably an mid November build date.

I would try to sell the Mini as soon as possible, and get a Ford Mondeo etc. for the rest of the time( there are a lot of fords for about 800 pounds) and they get bought and sold very fast and smooth.

Maybe you will get even a 100 pound extra when selling the car, but for sure you won't have to waste money for it.

B.R.

Hey

I advertised my mini yesterday evening and its pretty much sold....they are putting down a small deposit tomorrow morning. I am taking the car through MOT on fri and we have agreed for me to keep it for 2 weeks to get that sorted then I will have no car.... Just so surprised how quickly it's sold.

Spoke to my dealer today and he's aiming to get the car to me end of the month if everything is on schedule...the delivery date on my order was the 15th nov. fingers crossed everything will come together...2 weeks without a car is fine but any longer don't think I can cope!

Been driving my mini for 8 years...feel a little sad it's going....my bf laughed when I told him and reminded me I have a brand new car on the way! Very Happy
05-11-2012 09:18pm
LonnyGer

(05-11-2012 09:18pm)Tulabb Wrote:  Hey

I advertised my mini yesterday evening and its pretty much sold....they are putting down a small deposit tomorrow morning. I am taking the car through MOT on fri and we have agreed for me to keep it for 2 weeks to get that sorted then I will have no car.... Just so surprised how quickly it's sold.

Spoke to my dealer today and he's aiming to get the car to me end of the month if everything is on schedule...the delivery date on my order was the 15th nov. fingers crossed everything will come together...2 weeks without a car is fine but any longer don't think I can cope!

Been driving my mini for 8 years...feel a little sad it's going....my bf laughed when I told him and reminded me I have a brand new car on the way! Very Happy

Good to hear that! The Mini is one of the best selling cars I know, I sold my mini jcw 1 week ago, wasn't a problem at all Very Happy.

I also was a little bid sad, about the fact the Mini had to leave, but because I can't afford two cars I had to sell him, but your dealer is definitely right, the new Evoque is waiting for us or we are waiting for him, anyway this car is just a dream and I hope the car will get shipped soon.

Tried to put in vin number to track status, but system still saying no records found, will try again later this week Smile.

At the moment I often take the train or the bus, but it isn't quite the same in comparison to a car drive Smile.

Lets waitWink

05-11-2012 10:17pm
Evo-king

Fortunately for us we have a Black and Red JCW keeping the Evoque company on the drive.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-11-2012 09:18am
LonnyGer

(06-11-2012 09:18am)Evo-king Wrote:  Fortunately for us we have a Black and Red JCW keeping the Evoque company on the drive.

Sounds nice Very Happy, my JCW was Laser Blue metallic, i really miss the sporty feeling on the streets, but i would never want to drive the JCW on the german Autobahn again, it was a quite tough ride going beyond 220km/h.

I just could not get used to the swinging back, every time you had to use the brakes. I asked my Mini dealer and he said, well thats what the mini ride is all about, the overdriving back of the car, it just scared me every single time Laughing.

definitely i will miss the sound of the exhaust, it just was brilliant for the size of the engine, but I am also looking forward for a slightly more comfortable ride Laughing.

06-11-2012 09:46am
NightFox

After slipping back, back and back, at last I had an email from my dealer this morning telling me my TD4 build date has actually come forward... by all of 3 days! So tomorrow's the day when it finally starts moving down the line. Don't know how long it's going to take to finish or be called or PDI'd, but I'm just hoping there's not much longer I'll have to wait and no stupid production line delays that some other members seem to have been hit with... especially as I've just put my runabout on Autotrader!

Smile

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
12-11-2012 05:31pm
LonnyGer

(12-11-2012 05:31pm)NightFox Wrote:  After slipping back, back and back, at last I had an email from my dealer this morning telling me my TD4 build date has actually come forward... by all of 3 days! So tomorrow's the day when it finally starts moving down the line. Don't know how long it's going to take to finish or be called or PDI'd, but I'm just hoping there's not much longer I'll have to wait and no stupid production line delays that some other members seem to have been hit with... especially as I've just put my runabout on Autotrader!

Smile

After Build date everything went so quickly! Build date for my car was the 31th of October only 4 days later it was waiting at the harbour and now it's just 200km away from the dealer at a regional distribution point, so hopefully it will arrive at the dealer in a couple of days!

Fingers crossed that everything will go on quickly and that your car will arrive in the next weeks Smile

12-11-2012 10:02pm