Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spent the day trying to put myself off the car......
Big G

RE: Spent the day trying to put myself off the car......

(03-06-2012 11:39pm)leeselee Wrote:  I have read and read and read Shocked about how other people have 'specced' up their cars and what is important to people - helping me whittle down (or up) my choices.

As I have previously mentioned, I am not particularly happy with the salesman at the dealership as he does not give me any advise and always says he is sitting on the fence - this is unhelpful when it comes to certain spec that I have not used before, for a car that I have driven for half an hour. If it was not for the fact I am in a never ending queue - I would have pulled the order and gone elsewhere. The salesman has done NOTHING to earn his commission - but I will make my opinions count once I get to actually take deliver of the car and fill in the inevitable customer satisfaction form.

I wanted to stay within the £35k boundary as there is no discount and the quoted finance packages are much higher than I have had from Mercedes.

I have had two previous coupes, so this time I want a 5 door. My spec is based on 99% of what I need and 1% on extras I don't need, I just want them Wink

My shopping list is: OG, 5 door auto pure, fog lights, electric tailgate, folding mirrors, mats, rear camera, tech pack, spare wheel,

I asked a question this week about xenons and found to my dismay that the pretty led headliners (I had no idea what that was called before this week, so thanks forum people) only come with the xenons.

I then decided to drag my husband to another dealership to have a good look at the Pure range and see if this car is really for me.

They had a coupe Pure (I have GOT to say - how slow are those seats????:shockSmile. I ignored everything and just sat in the car. The seats are very comfortable for me.

I sat for some time and tried to imagine owning it. Also, Trying to put myself off it.

The dealership had quite a few Evoques to look around - we spent an age in there.

I came home, went straight on the internet and 'tried' to find another 4x4 SUV that compares £ for £ & looks.

There isn't - Basically, I wasted the day! Rolling Eyes

I think my husband will add the xenons to my order on Wednesday.........Laughing

Well I'd definitely get the pano roof, spare tyre and the reversing camera.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
05-06-2012 02:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

I'm not a fan of the panoramic roof either and don't miss it on my car. The only annoying thing about not getting one is the noise insulation, which is poor on the standard roof. You hear when it rains, at least until I crank up the volume of the 380W audio system.
05-06-2012 02:45pm
leeselee

(05-06-2012 02:45pm)Cedric Wrote:  I'm not a fan of the panoramic roof either and don't miss it on my car. The only annoying thing about not getting one is the noise insulation, which is poor on the standard roof. You hear when it rains, at least until I crank up the volume of the 380W audio system.

If my car was delivered with a free pano roof, I would reject it and wait another six months for a car with a solid roof. truly. hate them

as for noise, I will learn to live with it as its always raining!
05-06-2012 04:35pm
mark_n

There are of course some other benefits from not having the pano roof. First, the car loses several 10's of kg high up which will improve both fuel economy and roadholding. Then there's the £2000 replacement cost if it gets cracked or scratched which may or may not be covered under the windscreen cover of your insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't be without it but I understand why it doesn't appeal to all though I'm a bit surprised at Leeselee's vehemence. Perhaps she's worried about some truck driver being able to see down the front of her dress...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-06-2012 05:21pm
leeselee

(05-06-2012 05:21pm)mark_n Wrote:  There are of course some other benefits from not having the pano roof. First, the car loses several 10's of kg high up which will improve both fuel economy and roadholding. Then there's the £2000 replacement cost if it gets cracked or scratched which may or may not be covered under the windscreen cover of your insurance.

Personally, I wouldn't be without it but I understand why it doesn't appeal to all though I'm a bit surprised at Leeselee's vehemence. Perhaps she's worried about some truck driver being able to see down the front of her dress...

Laughing like your answer, but no.

I got stuck with a pano roof (that actually opens) on my current car and have on previous cars. With other cars I have had 'no choice' when I wanted top spec and no queue for the car. A car has been built, fully specced up and ready send from overseas with a pano roof. So it has been a case of either take the roof or wait for months.

Anyone who has read my previous posts know I am a typical Londoner who has no patience and wants everything NOW! Shocked

I have a health issue which means I have problems with sunlight. To stop myself from passing out and other nasty symptoms (even with the UV technology on car glass) I have to wear a hat or not have the roof open.

Having the sunroof open with a hat on is a recipe for disaster. Wearing a hat when I have spent ages making my hair look nice is a no no as well! I am positive aircon was invented so that women do not have to open all the windows and ruin their hair.......Laughing

So, I hate a pano roof - always a reason! - now you know why!

I do love the tilting bit of the roof in rain and I will miss that.

By the way, any lorry driver that looks in when I have the chance of having the shade open or the roof open will see me and my gorgeous miniature dachshund asleep on the passenger seat - my dog is the one who gets stared at, not me!!! Laughing
05-06-2012 06:12pm