Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Park Assist Not Available
werdegars

Park Assist Not Available

Hello,

i need an assistance here,

i own evoque 4 doors dynamic plus (white)

why my car got this error (sometimes)
when i press the park assist button
it says on screen "Park Assist Not Available"

and also sometimes the beep/alert sound of the park sensor is not working

is this a serious problem? Shocked

please help me
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012 11:54am by werdegars.)
08-11-2012 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Park Assist Not Available

The proximity beep alert not working could be because it doesn't auto engage the beeps when the car has been driving, check if the beeps dont work when the "P" button light on the centre controls is definitely lit. (Not sure if this button is the same for cars with Park Assist)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-11-2012 01:07pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Check that the parking sensors are not damaged - using a pressure washer is well known to damage the heads by forcing water inside them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-11-2012 02:03pm
Ray

Hello I have exactly the same problem as you.

Picked up my SD4 Evoque on 3rd December from UK dealership in Knutsford. 10 minutes after paying cash in full for the car during the demo of park assist the infotainment system displayed a message "Parking Aid alert Camera unavailable,Please consult your dealer". There are no cameras fitted, which makes things more bizarre. At the same time a message on the trip computer display showed "Park Assist not available". The infotainment system then crashed repeatedly and re-booted itself and the parking sensor button started flashing on and off. The dealership provided me with a demo Evoque whilst they kept hold of my car for further investigation for a few days. They reckon it was a configuration software file that was the problem and downloaded this again. Car was delivered and swapped over again on 7th Dec, its been OK until today the 15th Dec when the same thing happened when I pulled the car over to drop somebody off. I get the "Parking Aid alert Camera unavailable" message then the infotainment system re-booting itself over and over again and parking sensors cease to work there after.

Will be returning to the dealership. I will let you know the outcome, obviously not the software glitch that the dealership thought was causing the issue, they have treated me very nicely, but it is frustrating that this happens.
16-12-2012 12:48am
werdegars

Re: RE: Park Assist Not Available

(16-12-2012 12:48am)Ray Wrote:  Hello I have exactly the same problem as you.

Picked up my SD4 Evoque on 3rd December from UK dealership in Knutsford. 10 minutes after paying cash in full for the car during the demo of park assist the infotainment system displayed a message "Parking Aid alert Camera unavailable,Please consult your dealer". There are no cameras fitted, which makes things more bizarre. At the same time a message on the trip computer display showed "Park Assist not available". The infotainment system then crashed repeatedly and re-booted itself and the parking sensor button started flashing on and off. The dealership provided me with a demo Evoque whilst they kept hold of my car for further investigation for a few days. They reckon it was a configuration software file that was the problem and downloaded this again. Car was delivered and swapped over again on 7th Dec, its been OK until today the 15th Dec when the same thing happened when I pulled the car over to drop somebody off. I get the "Parking Aid alert Camera unavailable" message then the infotainment system re-booting itself over and over again and parking sensors cease to work there after.

Will be returning to the dealership. I will let you know the outcome, obviously not the software glitch that the dealership thought was causing the issue, they have treated me very nicely, but it is frustrating that this happens.

hello ray, have they solved your issue about the "park asisst not available"
so what they said about it?
29-04-2013 07:38pm
Steve196

(29-04-2013 07:38pm)werdegars Wrote:  hello ray, have they solved your issue about the "park asisst not available"
so what they said about it?

Hi Ray,
Did you get a solution to this problem?
I have exactly the same thing on a brand new car. Worked half dozen times after collecting the car then failed with the cameras unavailable warning. Dealer diagnosed a faulty sensor and changed it out after a week and a half waiting for parts. Worked half dozen times and then exactly the same warning and no parking sensors working within 24 hours of getting the car back.

After it failed to work, it did work once, before resorting to a warning. Not the biggest problem in the world, but really frustrating having problems with a brand new car and having the hassle of phoning back and forward to the dealer and having it in the garage for repair. Beginning to wonder if I should be threatening to return the car and ask for a replacement/refund!
20-01-2014 10:36am
tetstb

I have a message indicating camera system fault when the car is very dirty

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
20-01-2014 10:49am
zonsutarno

Hi all, is there news after the repairing the camera problem?

Thanks
07-06-2014 08:54am
trevd01

I think you get that message when the tailgate is not properly latched?
07-06-2014 06:04pm