Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gearbox Issue- need help
Laurencellogan

Gearbox Issue- need help

Hi All & Happy New Year

I am in a bit need of some help.
I have an Evoque sept 2013 automatic
Since the day i got it brand new, i had an issue with the gear knob. (the second day)
It doesnt seem to pop up when you switch the engine on, so i took it to the dealer and repeatedly they tried to fix the software but somehow it was a faulty gear knob, than finally they changed it after a couple of months down the road. In 2014, i had the same issue again but this time not as frequent as before. and now its getting a little more often. last christmas 2015 i had a yellow light "Gearbox Fault Traction Reduced". had to call LRA and they came and checked. They told me its a faulty oil pump leading to the gearbox and have to bring the car in to change it. Got it changed and just got the car out. The question is, what will you guys do if you were in my position, the warranty expires this sept 2016. and i am worried i will have to be paying for this faulty gearbox that links to other problems in the car? any thoughts ? i bought a brand new evoque from a dealer in london. thank you
08-01-2016 06:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Gearbox Issue- need help

Well, it seems that your fault has been fixed so personally I wouldn't worry about it. You could always take out an extended warranty for peace of mind.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
08-01-2016 07:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Gearbox Issue- need help

Have you had any battery issues as well? Sometimes these cars can throw up strange warnings if the battery condition isn't great. Also check that you don't have any brake lights out, that can also cause strange warnings to appear!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016 10:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2016 10:42pm