Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New member/ noob be nice!
Jack10

New member/ noob be nice!

Hey guys

My name is jack from Brentwood essex. Currently have a new bmw f21 which I'm very happy with but have been looking at pcp deals etc and seen for an extra £99 I can get an evoque! Sooo hence why I am here. I'm currently on the babybmw forum Rolling Eyes I no i no!

Just want some advice on other peoples deals, what to look out for, what's a must option etc etc.

Been lurking around for a week or so now and must say the lad from Florida with the 26 inch rims Shocked each to their own! (Tongue and cheek).

Anyways hope to hear from you guys soon!

Jack
17-11-2013 07:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

RE: New member/ noob be nice!

Hi jack I too came from BMW (123d coupe) to range rover and would never go back.just the feeling of not having to look out the curtains every morning in the winter to see if its been snowing or not is worth £99 per month!
What spec/model/colour/options are you considering?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
17-11-2013 09:36pm
xxxx5

Hi jack, I had a RRE and went back to the BMW. Poor dealers and build quality let down my Range Rover, not sure I would ever return to the brand again. Back in BMW's and feel a lot happier now.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
17-11-2013 10:04pm
rchrdleigh

Had BMW then MINI fed up with poor quality (trim falling off and random stalling at traffic lights in BMW, power steering and 2 windscreen motor failures in MINI) and arrogant Dealers went to LR and not gone back, despite occasional issues and not always brilliant Dealers!!
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 10:19pm by rchrdleigh.)
17-11-2013 10:16pm
sco77harris

BMW has become too generic, my dad has had them for 50 years and wont be buying another. He loves the Evoque
17-11-2013 10:17pm
jitenc

BMW to RRE. Regrets? Yeah ..... I just miss the rude boy status! Time to grow up, I guess!
No honestly, Handling as good as the BMW, considering the height and the centre of gravity of the evoque is higher. The evoque cost me as much as twice the BMW, but it's twice the car! I get more respected being in the Range category, so enjoying it as long as it lasts.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
18-11-2013 01:01am
SebM

Welcome !

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
18-11-2013 10:28am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How is Defender life Seb? I'm down to just the 90 for the time being - Defender driving makes you appreciate the little luxuries that Evoque comes with............... seat heaters, heated front screen, proper de-misting.......... this time of year my Defender's pop up sunshine roof causes a Niagara Falls of icy cold condensation drops down the back on my neck if I don't have a mopping up session before setting out on a journey!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-11-2013 10:52am
Jack10

(17-11-2013 09:36pm)vinny Wrote:  Hi jack I too came from BMW (123d coupe) to range rover and would never go back.just the feeling of not having to look out the curtains every morning in the winter to see if its been snowing or not is worth £99 per month!
What spec/model/colour/options are you considering?

I know I rushed into my BMW to fast and didnt even look at RR.

The spec..well lol

I'm only 23 but already fed up with the m sport suspension and how long I can go sideways for so was thinking a prestige with a lux pack? any good reveiws on this? Also seen some pure's with tech spec's that have caught my eye. Dynamic looks good to! I currently have a pcp deal atm so monies is tied in that but got some equity on that with some spare cash. per month im looking 400 to 450..So im thinking dynamic may be out of reach?

Only thing is a must is the pano roof and sat nav. Any other options that you think i should consider?

Also on babybmw that was a chap called tony who worked for bmw sales who did great discounts on new cars. Anyone on here who i could get in touch with for a good pcp deal?

Thanks Jack

(18-11-2013 01:01am)jitenc Wrote:  BMW to RRE. Regrets? Yeah ..... I just miss the rude boy status! Time to grow up, I guess!
No honestly, Handling as good as the BMW, considering the height and the centre of gravity of the evoque is higher. The evoque cost me as much as twice the BMW, but it's twice the car! I get more respected being in the Range category, so enjoying it as long as it lasts.

Hi,

You say the evoque costs twice as much, is that fuel costs and the acctual car? I just got an insurance quote for an RRE and its cheaper than the BMW!!

I just want a car that I can fit in being 6'4 and that i can drive on long distances..the plan is to keep it at least 4 to 6 years
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 03:47pm by Jack10.)
18-11-2013 03:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Have you thought about buying a used high spec RRE? I've just part-exd a Fuji Dynamic Lux with Plus pack coupe Auto with almost all the extras on it, to forum sponsor Hadley Green Land Rover in Barnett - it is 2yrs 3 months old has 23320 miles on it and was delivered on launch day 8th sept 2011. Otherwise Hadley Grange will be happy to quote you if you mention that you have come from the forum. I would highly recommend that you get a good long test drive in one if head room is likely to be an issue as some versions don't have much seat height adjustement - the Plus pack has loads and it has a panoramic roof that gives a couple of extra cms

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 04:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-11-2013 03:58pm