Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New member introduction...First of many posts!
CH11PY_H

Hi Guys

Not sure if I'm writing this in the correct place but thought I would introduce myself on here finally. I joined a while ago now but am yet to post any pics or topics.

I'm 27, from the West Midlands. Purchased my RRE back in December. Although I love the car my Land Rover experience has not been the best! I may bore you all with the reasons why in other post in the future.

Have attached a few pictures below which I hope you can see.
Need to get a few modifications done to the car. Looking to change the lettering to black, have the front mouth piece wrapped black, possibly new wheels and maybe lowering, and a must is fit the new Rear tail lights which I think look a lot better!

So far I have changed all the interior lighting for LED, Fitted some new Gel Resin number plates, and also purchased a roof rack for the bikes which I do remove when not using.

[Image: 1C30AF51-E81A-4F10-A878-81A52D3C2868.jpg]

[Image: 128A147C-ADBC-4DEA-80A2-2F5763895F8B.jpg]

[Image: 58F73338-7067-4EDB-BAAF-640A3FB70291.jpg]

[Image: 3002C4EB-6373-4A93-AF1D-9E0133FC6167.jpg]

[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000020C.jpg]

[Image: B241876A-468C-4B51-B119-B178CF4A43A1.jpg]
17-06-2016 05:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New member introduction...First of many posts!

Welcome to the forum

I recommend that you black out your number plates when posting photos on the forum, you don't know who is looking at them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2016 05:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-06-2016 05:35pm
nick1340

That might be difficult with the user name he's chosen.

Welcome, that's a nice looking combo you have there. Def black lettering though.
17-06-2016 06:56pm
CH11PY_H

Thanks!
I did think about covering the plates but had a quick look on here and a lot seem to be visible?
My thoughts were they are visible to everyone on the roads up and down the country so whats the difference on here?
Its locked away at night with an added steering lock, but I'm sure if they want it they'l come and get it.
Will keep it in mind for next post though thanks!
17-06-2016 08:24pm
Pete

People don't need access to your car in order to mis-use the plates. All they need to do is make up some "show" plates with the same number on the cheap and then put them on their own (or a stolen) vehicle.

Once they've done that, they can steal petrol, speed, drive with no insurance, etc. Since you're the registered keeper of the vehicle, you're the one to get the initial blame - while you're trying to prove your innocence, the thief gets away with it.

Porsche Macan
20-06-2016 07:11am
JazEcoupe

Point taken...but I just wonder, like the OP indicated, what's to stop someone from just arbitrarily choosing some other random vehicle on the road and swipe their plate number? I mean, if someone were mischievous enough to want to masquerade around with a fake plate, wouldn't they do it with the identical vehicle the original plate was assigned to? Isn't that info available to law enforcement checking out a plate? And were that the case, why would someone who owns one of our vehicles stoop to that level?

Anyways, I guess my point is that the risk is low, IMHO.

(20-06-2016 07:11am)Pete Wrote:  People don't need access to your car in order to mis-use the plates. All they need to do is make up some "show" plates with the same number on the cheap and then put them on their own (or a stolen) vehicle.

Once they've done that, they can steal petrol, speed, drive with no insurance, etc. Since you're the registered keeper of the vehicle, you're the one to get the initial blame - while you're trying to prove your innocence, the thief gets away with it.

BTW, CH11PY...nice ride. And I agree, blackout the letters. I intend to.

2012 Evoque Coupe Dynamic in Colima Green. 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels. Black Contrasting Roof.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2016 12:21pm by JazEcoupe.)
23-06-2016 12:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Because Evoque is a highly desirable car in the UK and sticking somebody else's licence plate on a stolen one means that it will show on our police and roadside ANPR systems as being fully taxed and insured, it also allows people to incur parking fines, speeding fines and steal fuel from filling stations and when it gets reported it is the owner of the original, not the cloned, car that gets a visit from the police. There is now a racket where postcodes ( zip codes in the USA) for remote areas with low insurance premiums are beings stolen along with mail being sent to that address so Crims can get very cheap insurance using stolen personal data and credit card details.................... So their stolen car shows up as fully insured for a very low premium

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-06-2016 04:01pm
PhilSkill

I know of 2 people that have had their Plate cloned, the cloned cars fortunately in a very different part of the country so they could more easily make police believe it was not them, as well as showing them the car had not been damaged as indicated!

No need to make it easy for these low lives, just log on to a car forum and get a suitable plate for a matching spec car they just stole.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-06-2016 05:19pm
CH11PY_H

Totally understand what your all saying and I am aware plate cloning does exist. Id like to think there are not many Silver 3 door Coupes around with a black roof / same spec but I could be wrong. I guess it just causes yourself inconvenience proving your innocence in what ever crime was committed and your actual car was never there.

Ive got an app on my phone to blur them out for next time.

Does anyone use any Evoque Facebook groups on here? Wondering if theres any decent ones out there?
23-06-2016 06:09pm
bigmac3161

If you really wanna clone a plate why bother checking car forums when there's over 2000 Evoque's on the auto trader app all with regs visible. You can even choose what colour car is to get perfect match. I've yet to hear of anybody who's plate has been cloned of a car forum. Most are done by actually seeing the car in person just my 2pennies worth.
23-06-2016 11:04pm